[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which book(s) would /lit/ regard as his best? I know he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: penny.jpg (120 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
penny.jpg
120 KB, 894x894
Which book(s) would /lit/ regard as his best? I know he's a memewriter but I am forced to do a presentation about him.

pic related
>>
Personal favourites are Firestarter, Dreamcatcher, The Tommyknockers
>>
>>7366584
tommyknockers legit spooked me as a child

there are a couple scenes from that book i still have branded in my memory, i don't think theyre going away
>>
File: 149,892,804.png (1 MB, 2200x3037) Image search: [Google]
149,892,804.png
1 MB, 2200x3037
>>7366573
11/22/63 is easily his best. Back me up, ppl.

'It' is definitely notable.

The rest aren't as solid. I haven't disliked anything, though.
>>
Interesting... I always wanted to read his books but I could never finish them. They just weren't for me and I felt annoyed I couldn't get into them like everyone else. I did hear that 11/22/63 was one of his best though. It's on my reading list for sure but idk if I'll ever even read it.
>>
File: 1442356725091.jpg (300 KB, 700x863) Image search: [Google]
1442356725091.jpg
300 KB, 700x863
Check out "the talisman", a book he co-wrote with Peter Straub. Really good
>>
I really like It. I have a soft spot for the Dark Tower series as well.
>>
>>7366573
Anyone else think stephen king is really just awful and his characters horribly underdeveloped?

btw IT isn't even scary. He just talks shit to you at a distance and then (spoilers) a slingshot kills him.
>>
>>7366774
I think they're well developed and interesting and memorable.

Also, there was some bizarre stuff in It. The fire, the nightshade, the library, and the smoke-out have all stuck w/me.
>>
>>7366573
Tim Curry writes books?
>>
>>7366783
I always get the impression from his dialogue that he never actually had any friends.
>>
I don't really like his books. I kind of like his ideas (which can be summed up in one sentence, per book) but swimming through his prose is a type of water I don't understand. And, I don't see the point of trying there are many other authors that I click with.
>>
His books leave me with a bad feeling, like the evil he writes actually somehow begets evil IRL.
He's uncomfortable for me in that way; he's a bit of a hack too.
>>
OP here, ok I will give The Tommyknockers and 11/22/63 a try then.
>>
>>7367048
Let it be so.
>>
>>7366766

This. Roland is one bad-arse motherfucker.
>>
File: kitsap7n-4-web.jpg (83 KB, 970x1213) Image search: [Google]
kitsap7n-4-web.jpg
83 KB, 970x1213
>>7367037
>like the evil he writes actually somehow begets evil IRL.
>>
>>7366822
Too soon dude.
>>
Coca Cola for the Id?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.