[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some monk was giving this book out at my university. Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151118_131807.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151118_131807.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
Some monk was giving this book out at my university. Is it any good?
>>
No. Read the Qur'an with full tafseer
>>
>>7366365
Depends on how you feel about toilets.
>>
>>7366365
Yes.

However that translation is a Hare Krishna hackjob.
>>
It's great. I thought it was, at least.
>>
File: Picture02.jpg (134 KB, 1180x751) Image search: [Google]
Picture02.jpg
134 KB, 1180x751
>>7366365
Yea, pretty good. You should have given him a donation though. Hare Krishna's are basically a cult in all meanings of the word, whether that's a bad thing is up to you. Read through the translated scriptures first, read again with the purports if you are so inclined.
>>
Don't read that version if you want a good version; it's like reading a Protestant translation of Dante's Inferno
>>
>>7366409
>>7366418

Poo in Loo
>>
File: srimad-bhagavatam.jpg (86 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
srimad-bhagavatam.jpg
86 KB, 500x333
>>7366433
Prabhupada really knew his shit though, even if the translation is somewhat biased. He also translated (with commentary) the full Srimad Bhagavatam. He did all this and created ISKCON in like 10 years.
>>
>>7366365
Holy shit where do you go to school? Some monk gave me this book at my JC a few months ago. He wanted money for it so I gave him a dollar kek
>>
>>7366488
When someone wants to give you something in exchange for money it's called 'selling', anon.
>>
Yes it's great. Read it.
>>
>>7366418
I gave 2 bucks then he asked if I had a gift card, which I didn't. He was going to give me 3 books but only ended up giving me one because of that. I was like dafuqfamtbhsmhaf
>>
>>7366975
A gift card? For What? Are you sure you weren't getting scammed
>>
I had a not very Monkish sort of guy approach me with one of these last year. We ended up talking about the Bhagavad a bit and he invited me to one of his church's meetings. Never went and still haven't read this book but I'll echo the Protestant Dante's Inferno sentiment from what I've heard and skimmed.
>>
>>7367076
For food. I wonder that as well, but I got a book out of it, so whatever.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.