[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why have I never seen this even so much as mentioned on /lit/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 220px-UnderTheVolcano.jpg (25 KB, 220x313) Image search: [Google]
220px-UnderTheVolcano.jpg
25 KB, 220x313
Why have I never seen this even so much as mentioned on /lit/ ?
>>
>>7365079
I saw it on here a little over a week ago, along with Lunar Caustic
>>
File: 1447270451442.gif (898 KB, 180x135) Image search: [Google]
1447270451442.gif
898 KB, 180x135
>>7365079
>>7363277
someone mentioned it in this thread as well
>>
Because you havent been looking very well.
Now, are you going to say something about it and contribute with a nice thread or are you just going to whine?
>>
>>7365079
It has been talked about a little. It may blow up like The Recognitions did.
>>
I've never heard of it. Synopsis? Style? Thoughts? Too lazy to googly
>>
File: 1447371700146.jpg (109 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1447371700146.jpg
109 KB, 800x600
Loved it. Try Moscow-Petushki by Yerofeyev
drunk prose best prose
>>
>>7365363
This. Yerofeyev is really underrated. He's genius (not like pleb tier Bukowski)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afWyBJZ37ZU
>>
File: 9780776622088_web_0.jpg (196 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
9780776622088_web_0.jpg
196 KB, 400x600
>>7365079

One of last great modernist classics.

If you like his prose, try In Ballast to the White Sea. He planned to have 3 books paralleling the divine comedy, with Volcano as Inferno, Lunar Caustic as Purgatory, and In Ballast as Paradiso.
> The Arcturion plunged into the terrible whiteness like the grey sleeping mass of the psyche in the midst of which its factions slowly and mechanically prowled, each inevitably lighting up around itself its small special porthole, enclosing also for each its molecular disaster, or fulfillment, or change; it was those terrible eyes, of which two had been most dear to him, that now burst through the murk, rowing dimmer and dimmer until they disappeared.
> And long after the ship had severed herself from the wharf's grey womb, Sigbjorn stood there, seeking her, watching from that shore where the soul breaks in anguish with the sea.
>>
>>7365296>>7365079

It's filled with symbolism, even more so than faulkner and possibly as much as joyce.

I don't know why it's so underrated on /lit/; they probably just can't handle the first chapter

His publisher originally wanted to cut out huge chunks of it, but if you read his response, he explains how every word is neccessary and symbolic. it's all outlined here:

http://imgur.com/a/nWV9H
>>
>>7365079
Have tried to read it 3-4 times. The prose isnt difficult, just terribly boring.
>>
>>7365538
that might just be you. I found it incredibly playful and joyful, inspite of the context.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.