[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to write a satirical short story on some sort of issue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: notes-4.jpg (15 KB, 465x302) Image search: [Google]
notes-4.jpg
15 KB, 465x302
I have to write a satirical short story on some sort of issue for an assessment and it's due tomorrow, what should I do it on?
>>
>>7364954
le SJW maymay
>>
>>7364954
Viral marketing
>>
>>7364957
Interesting, I don't know what the plot could be though?
>>
>>7364965
I dunno, a guy who gets paid to write favorable reviews for a restaurants on the internet, restaurants he never eats at, realizes the latest restaurant he's been assigned doesn't exist. But he reviews it anyway. It turns out the guy that placed the order for a review has a restaurant in the same strip mall as this phantom restaurant, the idea being that people would come to this shitty strip mall on the bad side of town to eat at a nice restaurant, but when there's no nice restaurant, and no other place to eat for miles, they go to his mediocre restaurant instead. That's the best I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>7364954
Well if its satire you're supposed to mocking the society in which your subject exists.

Pick something in the world you don't like, say "reality tv" and then write your story about a guy who gets recruited into a new reality tv show where everything is rehearsed and planned and fed to the public as if it were real. Perhaps he has to deal with people who think his character is real.
Through in some Jersey Shore and Kardashian parodies for fun.
>>
Just animal farm it. Pick a conflict, exchange warring factions for animals (cats and dogs?)
>>
The Paris Attacks
Learn from Michel Houellebecq
>>
>>7366664
Wait, wait, uh...cats, dogs and rats.

so the Syrian conflict/revolution:

The cats are the syrian government or better yet 'persian' nations (?), battling against a Rat uprising. The rats are rebel groups and the dogs (lets say there are two dogs) represent russia and western coalition.

Dogs hate cats and rats. Some dogs side with cats, some with rats. Eventually, the cats and rats are defeated, leaving two big, killer dogs...and we all know its a dog-eat-dog world out there. This stuff writes itself
>>
>>7364996
Why wouldn't he just pay for his restaurant to get a good review?
>>
>>7366697
>The Paris Attacks

entitled, "The Paris Attacks: Is Necrophilia Still Taboo?"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.