[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prerequisites?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Wittgenstein-investigations.jpg (48 KB, 301x450) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein-investigations.jpg
48 KB, 301x450
Prerequisites?
>>
>>7364639
None. Jump right in.
>>
Autism
>>
russell, frege, early wittgenstein, etc.
>>
Start with the Greeks
>>
>>7364645
If this is true I'm going to love this book.
>>
>>7364639
Tractatus of course. PI is in response to what he wrote in Tractatus and why he doesn't think it's comprehensive enough
>>
you can just read this thing man

can't think of too many philosophy texts i can say that about either
>>
Augustine, and that goes for all of Witty's stuff.
>>
>>7364701
What do Tractatus and PI try to accomplish?
>>
File: Witt.jpg (50 KB, 635x854) Image search: [Google]
Witt.jpg
50 KB, 635x854
>>7364718
they try to say that logic and philosophy are both useless and should be annoyed. He supports these arguments mostly with logic and some philosophy which he forges together in the fire of pure autistic genius and concludes that philosophy is a waste of time. What a fucking surprise.
>>
don't listen to these retards

just read it, if you don't understand it then read whatever you need to

also someone explain the private language argument to me
>>
>>7364729
not really

it's more that he explains why a particular sort of philosophy (eg, "what is the soul", what is "good") is misguided
>>
>>7364729
ignored*
>>
>>7364737
all hitherto philosophy

so philosophy
>>
>>7364729
Do you know how it compares to al-Ghazali's Incoherence of the Philosophers?
>>
>>7364649
But Frege was wrong about everything though.
>>
>>7364762
It would actually be more a critique of your post and not at all what you said.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.