[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I submitted this prose poem for a course at a community college.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1346547178853.jpg (232 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
1346547178853.jpg
232 KB, 650x1000
I submitted this prose poem for a course at a community college. How fucked am I?

He wonders if he could get away with pulling the fire alarm. Perhaps one of his friends would be willing to call in a bomb threat. “I could send Greg a text.” he thinks to himself. No…too drastic. He sneaks a glance at his watch as a parent drones on about her preferences for the curriculum. He hates her face for no particular reason. If she was any thinner she wouldn’t exist. But, Jesus, her tits are massive. She must have at least thirty percent of her body weight in her bra. He prays to various deities for quick release from this torture by way of spontaneous combustion. Nothing. Except for shrill demands to keep violent conflicts out of the history books coming from the twig woman. How is she still talking? Can someone call the clock on her? He contemplates making a run to the box of Kleenex across the room so he can crop dust every single sadist who decided to attend this meeting. He cannot imagine a finer use of Chipotle’s cuisine. He feels a pressure emanating from his colon that blends with spite and a distorted sense of justice. This is it. He forcefully breathes in and out through his nostrils as if attempting to clear his nasal passages. He slides his unsubstantial plastic chair back and stands up. As he walks toward the box of tissues he assesses his gastrointestinal situation. The time is nigh. He blows his nose in the paper infused with lotion and heads back towards his seat. His somatic nervous system masterfully orchestrates the precise relaxation of his external anal sphincter which made the horrendous act inaudible. No one ever saw it coming.
>>
>>7361446
tl;dr

cool picture tho. I just wanted to post it because im getting into dwarf fortress.
>>
>>7361446
>showing someones day to day mundane thoughts for no artistic value
>toilet humour
>mysoginy
>teenage boy protagonist

What are you even trying to make the reader feel besides bored?
>>
>>7362500
>bored

you nailed it
>>
>>7361446

there's no such thing as "prose poetry"

all "prose poetry" means is that you don't read poetry and wanted to write prose. This is literally a paragraph of a story.
>>
File: E._E._Cummings_NYWTS.jpg (247 KB, 1014x1750) Image search: [Google]
E._E._Cummings_NYWTS.jpg
247 KB, 1014x1750
>>7362751

>what is free verse
>>
>>7362627
This.
>>
File: image.jpg (595 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
595 KB, 1600x1600
>>7362759
So literally anything can be poetry?
>>
>>7361446
P fucked. It's middle-school tier writing.
>>
>>7361446
>community college
Extremely so.
>>
>>7362779
>IF ANYTHING IS ART THEN EVEN THIS GARBAGE IS ART, RIGHT?
Don't start.
>>
>>7362759
Not prose
>>
>>7362500
>What are you even trying to make the reader feel besides bored?
I guess we're even since that is how I felt with the prompt.

>>7362780
Yeah it's pretty childish and shit but whatever. I was more concerned with my professor tell me "get out, faggot" the next time I came to class. But I didn't go today anyways.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.