[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I mumble. A lot. I am an entrepreneur and winter is here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1447728967278s.jpg (6 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1447728967278s.jpg
6 KB, 250x187
So I mumble. A lot.

I am an entrepreneur and winter is here so things are going to be slow until spring when I can resume work and start my next venture.

I want to learn a language in the mean time, and I feel like French would be easier with my mumbling, but German would help with that, but be more difficult to learn. I am monolingual.

What do you think? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>7361105
You sound like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>7361105
have you considered the glamorous world of sucking dicks for a living?
>>
>>7361105
fellow mumbler

What route you lookin to go down? I did both Rosetta Stone German and French i gotta say German was a hell of a lot easier. I dunno if it's cause of my Kansas accent or what but my god is Rosetta Stone particular when it comes to speaking French.

Also French is a romantic language, so it's closer in line with Spanish and Latin. English is a west-germanic language, and easier to learn being a native speaker of English.

That being said, learning French kind of sets you up for Spanish, while German sets you up for Dutch or Swedish, consider that. . .
>>
>>7361121
>English is a west-germanic language, so German is easier to than French being a native speaker of English.

whoops
>>
>>7361121
I would like to eventually learn Dutch, as I would like to travel there, my family is from there, and the country and culture as a whole interests me. I was thinking of taking in-person lessons, with Duolingo as a cheesy supplement.
>>
>learning French in four months

Yeah, no, you're a faggot. It takes many years to master it, even for a quick learner with too much free time.
>>
>>7361211
Nice dubs.
By learn I meant start learning. Thank you for your patience in your confusion.
>>
Join Toastmasters or take acting lessons, that helps much more with unclear pronunciation

I feel French and German are equally hard to learn, French has lots of strange times and irregular verbs, German has weird genders and hard grammar. Have you considered Spanish? More people speak that, and it may even come in handy in the US.
>>
>>7361227
It would indeed come in handy here, but I can get by for what I do through body language and gestures; I have zero desire to learn Spanish, even though it would be easier and have more immediate use. Sounds fucked up but eh. If I REALLY need to communicate with someone through Spanish for my company, I'll just hire a spic.
>>
>>7361223
So you want to “start learning” then stop in the dawn of spring?

>>7361227
German is considered easier. The grammar is hard and sometimes irregular but once you got it, the advanced level has few exceptions. French is hard to start and hard to master. Irregular verbs and obscure rules rain at every level, not mentioning the grammatical gender distribution is equally mysterious in French and German.
>>
>>7361239
>equally mysterious in French and German.
I am German and French has killed my brain - not only do we have one gender more (neutral), many the words in both languages have different genders, what's male in French is neutral in German etc.
Complete bollocks
>>
>>7361239
>German is considered easier.
Noted. Thank you.
>So you want to “start learning” then stop in the dawn of spring?
I asked a question about language not time-management.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.