[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to write a story, but I don't know how stories are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: snoopy-typing.gif (6 KB, 199x206) Image search: [Google]
snoopy-typing.gif
6 KB, 199x206
I want to write a story, but I don't know how stories are written.

Do you know how stories are written /lit/?
>>
>>7360971
I think your going to have to expand on this, do you mean story form?
>>
>>7361017

That depends.

What is story form exactly?
>>
>>7360971
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dramatic_structure
>>
>>7360971
It was a dark and stormy night,
>>
>>7361088

>fourth post in

I'm disappointed in you all.
>>
>>7361088

It was a dark and loamy soil. The riches of the land went deep. But, every fourth year, the mud turned into death. Nothing could grow in the quagmire. Food rotted from the humidity. Three years of paradise, and one year of hell. Until one day a man came who said he could tame the water. Succeed, and he would become a god.
>>
>>7361168
Fucking awful.
>>
>>7361174
i thought it was ok
>>
>>7361174
There was a king on the throne of the kingdom to the west, his face strong and prominient, there was a king to the south his face broad and rugged. It was a peaceful time; in was a time of sorrow. Peasants laughed and roamed the streets, their face glimered with awe, the poor roamed the streets their stomachs growled in dead,
>>
>>7361196
Wow, you are so fucking talented.
>>
>>7361217
He laughed I laughed, it was a good day,
>>
>>7360971

Nobody knows anon.
>>
>>7361217

I'd like to point out those were written by two different people.

>>7361196

All in good fun. I've been meaning to start a writing by prompt thread. It's good practice.
>>
>>7362715
Start one
>>
>>7360971

First you think of a story, and write out a basic plot summary. And then, or during, you think up of characters and make sure they have interesting personalities and backstories. When you get to writing your actual story, be sure to print out those two things, the plot summary and the character descriptions and have them aside to constantly remind you. And then you just write the story. Try not to think about whether or not a sentence is good, you just write what comes to mind until you are at the end of the story. The story really comes to be finished after editing, which you should do maybe a few days or a week after the first draft. Just read through the story and fix typos and odd sounding sentances and change a few words. You only need to do this once or twice, and after that, you have a completed story!
>>
>>7361217
Wow, you are so fucking clever.
>>
You must read and then write like what you liked reading. Soon you'll have developed your own style.

Also a healthy dose of depression will help.
>>
>>7360971
Just write
After your first 50 maybe you'll shit out something good
But good doesn't matter.
Just write
(unless you have nothing to say, in which case get a life and then start writing)

If you want to be good, you have to read a lot
>>
>>7361217
if you're going to be a bitch at least provide criticism or else what good are you
>>
>>7362789

see >>7363002
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.