[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>one of the most dangerous men in recent history >PhD in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: baghdadi.jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
baghdadi.jpg
58 KB, 600x600
>one of the most dangerous men in recent history
>PhD in Religious Studies

STEMfags BTFO. Try to be enemy number one with a physics degree, nerds.

Near Eastern /lit/ General. How do I start reading Averroes?
>>
>>7360194
>PhD in Religious Studies
Ha. His teacher used to mock him for his lack of intellect.

>enemy number one with a physics degree
Da'ish's current deputy leader is a former physics teacher. :^)

>Start reading Ibn Rushd
Start with the Greeks (seriously). Also read al-Ghazali, most importantly his Incoherence of the Philosophers and the various responses to it including Ibn Rushd's response to it in Incoherence of the Incoherence.
>>
>>7360225
>Incoherence of the Incoherence.
srsly thought this book was made up by Borges as some sort of arcane joke
>>
>>7360194
>CIA puppet
>dangerous in himself

kek
>>
>>7360194
isis is good. isis> degenerate liberal west.
>>
>>7360234
>>CIA puppet

This.

Please....If ISIS were legit, they'd be attacking all the skimpy westerners on the beaches of Dubai and Qatar.
>>
>>7360231
Yeah it is pretty funny but it's sort of poetic ("tahaafut at-tahaafut").

Though this work and his others influenced Western thought, his arguments aren't that well-developed against al-Ghazali's.
>>
>>7360267
And then Ibn Arabi BTFO both of them.
>>
>>7360288
Where do you begin with Ibn Arabi?
>>
>>7360263
jesus fuck anon buy a fucking atlas
>>
>>7360316
For an English speaker The Sufi Path of Knowledge: Ibn Al-Arabi's Metaphysics of Imagination by William Chittick is very good.
>>
>>7360263
JEWS DID PARIS
>>
>>7360965
/pol/ gets crazier by the day.
>>
>>7360372
do you actually believe any of that stuff? or is it just for fun?
my crux with mysticism is that, even though it's a very rich field, i'm not sure whether people actually take it seriously
>>
>>7360989
sufism is apostasy, i hope you like being beheaded
>>
>>7360989
I take it very seriously. When you get down to it, Ibn Arabi was a great synthesizer of philosophical, mystical, and theological thought, and his insights are very prescient of modern concerns. He comes off as very current.
>>
>>7360965
JEWS DID ISRAEL
>>
>>7360997
Actually, Wahhabism is apostasy, which is why the Ottomans beheaded some of the early leaders of the movement and didn't allow funeral prayers to be said for them (funeral prayers are only for Muslims, while Wahhabis are anthropomorphic mushrikeen).

The majority of Sunni scholars for hundreds of years were Sufis. Wahhabis can't even write basic books on Islam without having to refer to Sufi scholars like Imam an-Nawawi and Ibn Hajar, yet they have the temerity to call the Sufis apostates and claim that the whole ummah was in apostasy for centuries. They cannot even mention their own scholars' chains for teaching Qur'an recitation and Hadith narration without mentioning the names of countless Sufis. The grave of the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) has Sufi poetry written on it, which remains to this day in spite of the Wahhabis defacing a line which mentioned his knowledge of the unseen.

Islam is Sufism and Sufism is Islam.
>>
>>7360997
A great website exposing the kufr and heresy of the Wahhabis: https://sunnianswers.wordpress.com/
>>
>>7361074
nice try kike
>>
>>7361094

What group of Muslims has never launched a serious attack against Israel? ...Oh yeah, Wahhabis!
>>
>Unabomber
>Harvard Professor of Mathematics
>>
>>7360194
Also greatest Hawkman in Flash Gordon
>>
File: the jews brilliant plan.jpg (90 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
the jews brilliant plan.jpg
90 KB, 576x720
>>7360965
>>
>>7360194
>any theology centred degree

If we're going to make stemfags realise they're worthless we can't be using our lowest denominator
>>
File: 5831763.jpg (37 KB, 200x186) Image search: [Google]
5831763.jpg
37 KB, 200x186
>>7360288

my nigga

if people only knew
>>
>>7360263
Qatar is suspected to be financing ISIS, as is Saudi. Also, why would the CIA want ISIS. What would be their motivation for mass murder? Do you think the president would approve this?

Quit being so stupid.
>>
File: 1443714860767.jpg (26 KB, 402x225) Image search: [Google]
1443714860767.jpg
26 KB, 402x225
>>7363075

>what would be their motivation for mass murder? Do you think the president would approve this?

>not knowing about Sibel Edmonds and Gladio B

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Operation_Gladio/B

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibel_Edmonds#Gladio_B

Virtually all of the Jihadists in Syria are doing what the CIA and the Turkey/Israel/gulf state axis wants which is to destabilize Syria.

The thought of a Ba'athist Alawite government allied with Iran & Russia being replaced by a Muslim Brotherhood-run Sunni gov. allied with the Sunni gulf states and open to privatization of national resources by western firms makes neoliberals and neocons so hard that they are willing to do almost anything to make it happen, including helping jihadists directly and indirectly.

If you've payed any attention you would remember that for the first 2 or 3 years of the war in Syria nobody gave a damn about all the murder and rape the wahhabi jihadists were commiting until some of them became bad goys and started to deviate from the goal of toppling Assad and making a shitstorm with slick videos and by executing westerners.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.