[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your opinions on this book? Is it the best to start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: kundera.jpg (41 KB, 316x475) Image search: [Google]
kundera.jpg
41 KB, 316x475
What are your opinions on this book?
Is it the best to start with Kundera?
>>
>>7358927
one of my favorite books ever, if not the favorite. i would say, as would most others, that it's his "best" but really all of his works are worth reading imo having read them all. that said, this is an excellent place to start. if you read it and really like, you should do one of two things; if you like the political aspects, work backwards in his body of work. if you like the more literary/interpersonal/philosophical of whatever parts, work forwards. either way you will do no wrong. his non-fiction is also extremely thought-provoking, and short at that.

tldr; just read it!
>>
>>7358927
the book of laughter and forgetting was the only kundera book I really enjoyed. immortality was also kind of weak for me. but I have friends with good tastes who enjoy all of his stuff. I dunno.
>>
>>7359032
Same

It's probably my favorite book--I think it's his best. That's only what I've heard though--the only other thing I've read of his was Testaments Betrayed which made me pretty sad (although I wish I read more of his novels since he references them a lot).
>>
>>7358927
I enjoyed it, though there's a sentimental quality that borders on outright sappiness
>>
>>7358927

Start with The Joke, then stop.
>>
nice book but it got old fast, if all of kunderas books are like this i'm glad i avoided them, i like his style but when he started talking about nietszche i had to set down the book and laugh.
>>
>>7358927
i love this fucking book
>>
Fuck this book.
>>
(before i started browsing lit), this book single handedly got me into literature..Probably the first "serious" book i read...Probably never gonna enjoy a book as much...Good times...
>>
One of my favorite novels ever. Girlfriend in high school recommended it and it got me into reading as well. Def some sentimental attachment to it but it also is an outstanding novel on its own >merit.
>>
I was kind of underwhelmed by this book but there's some hot sex stuff in it
>>
Has anyone read Love is Elsewhere? Haven't read any Kundera but was thinking of buying it.
>>
>>7359635
>Love is Elsewhere
*Life
>>
>>7359032
>>7359157
I was at half of the book when I posted, now that I have finished it, can truly say that is really enjoyable.
Would like to read something more like this
>>
do you think Kundera believes in love
>>
>>7358927
I thought it sucked.

>>7361055
Obviously not you fucking idiot.
>>
>there are people on /lit/ who think this is this favorite book

holy shit you guys are illiterate
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.