[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CITR/: Phoebe Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (243 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
243 KB, 750x1050
>I will never have a GOAT younger sister

>ywn have your own Phoebe

Why live, bros?

Those of you with younger sisters, I hope you realise how lucky you are.
I sometimes feel like Holden without a Phoebe.
>>
inb4 someone claims he raped Phoebe
>>
He rapes his sister, Phoebe.
>>
Funny thing, I really think my sister only a year older than me is almost exactly like Phoebe in personality.
>>
>>7358296
Have you raped her?
>>
>>7357019
>tfw have a younger sister
>tfw had a close relationship with her when we were kids
>tfw it broke off when she started going through puberty and her "men are misogynist" phase
>tfw Catcher in the Rye hurt me like crazy because Phoebe reminded me of her
>>
I finished this book yesteday, where did the 'he rapes Phoebe' meme originate?
>>
>>7358339
The obvious elisions in the butt touching scene and the fact he's I psychiatric rather than military school. Also that the molested become molestors.
>>
>>7358339
I don't think he actually rapes Phoebe anywhere in the actual text, but there are obvious incestuous and pedophilic undertones.
>>
>>7358339
It's a theory that's on the same level as the cartoon creepypasta theories. Makes sense but requires too many assumptions.
>>
>>7358339
When he goosed her.

>>7358306
Having a daughter is best for the age between 0-12, before they turn into clown-faced activists.
Having a son is best for the ages 12+. Even if they become a dumb wigger for a few years, at least that still involves some aspect of "alpha" behaviour.
Assuming they are typical kids, of course.
>>
>>7358346
Children can't consent bro
>>
>>7358358
I'm aware 'bro',-- I mean: as in, no direct and apparent sexual activity occurs within the given text.
>>
>>7357019
Phoebe was honestly GOAT, but I think her character emphasizes the whole 'unreliable narrator' aspect of the work. There is no way an 11 year old(?) would be as wise and quick-witted as her.

>>7358346
Yeah this is the answer. I reread the book when I first saw the meme, expecting it to be shock value bullshit, but was surprised to find the bedroom scene did contain a lot of suggestive imagery. To claim that he literally raped her is nonsense as >>7358347 points out, but the notion behind it isn't pure eisegesis.
>>
Sometimes it helps to practice fucking with a sibling before you get out there. My sister can dial up that chickenhead to 11 now, thanks to me, son. It's best to have someone you trust with you the first time you jump out of a plane.
>>
>>7359185
This tbphwyhf(to be perfectly honest with you here family). There is no experience more empyrean than love with a close family member.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.