[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Science Fiction and Fantasy general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1445840006437.jpg (342 KB, 1500x1061) Image search: [Google]
1445840006437.jpg
342 KB, 1500x1061
Cities edition

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/4chanlit/images/a/a8/1307836551252.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110612005642
>Sci-Fi
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/4chanlit/images/a/a6/Scifilit.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100710233344
http://imgur.com/r55ODlL
>>
File: The Lunar Chronicles.jpg (80 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
The Lunar Chronicles.jpg
80 KB, 640x360
>>7356721
The Kingdom of Luna from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.
>>
I'm currently reading "Consider Phlebas" by Iain M. Banks. I'm about one quarter of the way through and there are some interesting parts but a fair amount of redundant text too. Not entirely sure whether to just shelve it at this point.

On the other hand, when I read William Gibson, it feels like there is barely a word wasted. Probably because I have some bias toward cyberpunk admittedly. I just finished Mona Lisa Overdrive and enjoyed that thoroughly.
Did anyone else equate the splitting of the Wintermute-Neuromance AI into lesser AIs with the creation story associated with Gnosticism?
>>
This is like the thousandth thread and still the same chart since before we started having them?

Some things we should add:
The End of Eternity to Golden Age
Spaceman Blues to Modern
True Names to Cyberpunk
Viriconium to Sci Fantasy
Engine Summer to Post Apocalyptic
>>
>>7356721

What is one supposed to make of those first two images, as tiny as they are
>>
>>7357859
It's not just you. Gibson's extremely efficient with his words.

No, I didn't see any such parallel there and I don't think it was intended either.
>>
File: r55ODlL.jpg (804 KB, 2001x3881) Image search: [Google]
r55ODlL.jpg
804 KB, 2001x3881
>>7357863
>>
We should get a mega repo going, supporting epub mobi and pdf
>>
>>7358235
I could possibly supply some ePubs. I've got my own personal library of ePubs
>>
>>7358264
What do you got?
>>
>>7356764
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.