[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are his works considered Russian literature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: N-Vladimir-Nabokov1.jpg (77 KB, 394x500) Image search: [Google]
N-Vladimir-Nabokov1.jpg
77 KB, 394x500
Are his works considered Russian literature?
>>
who gives a shit
how good are the translations of his russian works? was he alive to approve them?
>>
>>7354686
No, he's American.
>>
>>7354686
I shelve my books by national literature and keep him in Russian literature.

If you want some random c/lit/'s opinion.
>>
>>7354686
Whether his works are to be considered literature needs to be answered first.
>>
He called himself an american author who as once russian, so both. It depends on the work desu
>>
>>7354750
yes, he worked with the translator. i watched a talk by him.
>>
>>7354686
Define 'Russian literature'
>>
File: 1443643986274.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1443643986274.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>>7354686
Do you consider Heifetz's works russian music?
>>
>implying there has ever been a truly russian literature due to the fact the aristocracy and the soviets were internationalists

His most important work is 100% American.
>>
>>7354686
The ones written in Russian, yes.
>>
>>7354784
A lot of Bolshevik writings capture Russian culture and philosophy, but they definitely aren't "Russian Literature".
>>
File: nabokov_29931309_orig_.jpg (49 KB, 368x550) Image search: [Google]
nabokov_29931309_orig_.jpg
49 KB, 368x550
>>7354686
Nope.
>>
>>7354908
>calls himself american
>was lying
>>
>>7354924
>Russians don't lie
fucking niggers
>>
>>7354686
The stuff he wrote in Russian is OP. The Stuff he wrote in English while he was located in America is considered American.
>>
>>7354750
>how good are the translations of his russian works? was he alive to approve them?
>how good are the translations
>translations

nice pleb

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEl59biItfY
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.