[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post good philosophical books and why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1444429744787.jpg (132 KB, 985x651) Image search: [Google]
1444429744787.jpg
132 KB, 985x651
Post good philosophical books and why.
>>
Epictetus - Discourses

Because "just worry about what you can control" is probably lesson #1 for life
>>
Drew Barrymore's autobiography. It's about life.
>>
>>7353734
What Is Called Thinking? by Heidegger. It's short and actually helps you to think. Plus it really makes you want to read Nietzsche (again).
>>
Universally Preferable Behavior

Why

:^)
>>
Plato - Gorgias [sophists btfo]
Engels - Anti-Dühring [muh materialist dialectic in action]
Nietzsche - The Anti-Christ [muh amoralism]
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>7353734
that pic is making me really horny desu
>>
>>7353794
AFX fan?
>>
>>7353767
>Engels - Anti-Dühring [muh materialist dialectic in action]
I tried reading it, it was shit. Retarded shit about chemistry.
>>
>>7353749
Get out
>>
Hegel's Lectures on the History of Philosophy, self-explanatory.
>>
>>7353850
>Hegel's Lectures on the History of Philosophy
Wasn't he really bad at writing? Or, at the very least, bad at explaining?
>>
>>7353734
Kripke - Naming and Necessity

It's a work of genius.
>>
>>7353857
Sort of, the initial impression with Hegel is almost always that he could be more concise; on the other hand though, I think that had he written with fewer words his thoughts would be even harder to grasp: most of his talk is repetition of a few concepts from different angles.
>>
Thoughts on Žižek?
>>
>>7353892
*sniffle*
>>
>>7353738
can or cant?
>>
>>7353925
not that guy but I assume can. Worrying about something you couldn't possibly change is a source of a lot of stress. So only worry about that which you can.
>>
Is that Brian Meowo?
>>
>>7353952
It's aphex twin's cat
>>
Antifragile by Nassim Taleb

Because it shows that knowledge grows mostly by trail and error and that disorder not only shouldn't be avoided, you can actually gain massively from it. It also taught me to embrace the unknown
>>
>>7353950
yeah my bad i thought i read
"just DONT worry about what you can control"
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.