[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the Max Headroom Incident of literature? https://en
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 446x301) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 446x301
What is the Max Headroom Incident of literature?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Headroom_broadcast_signal_intrusion
>>
>>7352473
Sokal affair? :/
>>
i tried watching some maxhead room on youtube and i was expecting a rad 80s nostolgia trip to my childhoor (when i was a littl kid max headroom seemed like the craziest shit) and it was actually pee bad, like i couldnt even watch it
>>
>>7352478
in what sense
scary or funny or just inane
i find that vid creepy
>>
House of Leaves, maybe.
>>
>>7352491
What's your justification?
>>
>>7352488
i mean the normal tv show
>>
I could almost ask what is the Videodrome of literature

Stuff about shortwave, amateur tv, radio, broadcast conspiracies, mystery signals, anything like that, dark pop and underground culture, &c
>>
>>7352473
Barths' Lost in the Funhouse?
>>
>>7352473
voynich manuscript?
that sperg who interrupted Jacques Lacan?
Martin Luther breaking away from Catholicism and the eventual uprising from individual people starting to read the bible themselves?
David Hume?
Modernism itself?
>>
>>7352473
Thank you so much for bringing this to my awareness.
>>
>>7352723

mostly correct answers
>>
>>7352473
Dunno how you can hijack a book
>>
Babyfucker by Urs Allemann
>>
>>7352473
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/thomas_pynchon_pranks_the_1974_national_book_awards_ceremony

Pynchon getting a comedian to accept an award for him, and everyone actually thought it was him because he doesn't get seen much
>>
>>7352723
I just watched the video of the student interrupting Lacan and I have no clue what the fuck happened. I understand the French words they're saying, and I can read the subtitles, but that gets me nowhere.
>>
>>7352867

Based
>>
>>7353055
The student is a situationist, that's all I gathered. It's been a long time since I watched the video.
>>
>>7353422

Link?
>>
>>7354128
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aqGYYBwKbQ

This makes me cringe a bit, but it's an interesting confrontation nevertheless.
>>
>>7352723
dude, some journalism major intern for a shitty middle brow place like the atlantic should track down the lacan-sperg and do a "where are they now" about them, although the average atlantic reader probably doesn't know who lacan is, but still, someone should, or maybe one of his relatives will come forward, like how when you watch old soul train videos on youtube some kid is always like "omg that's my aunt gyrating her ass for the camera at 2:33!" etc.
>>
>>7354200
I really don't get this kid's motivation or Lacan's response. I don't know anything about Continental philosophy.
>>
>>7354200
>>7354437
kek, this, I don't know Lacan either, the video seems like an argument too abstract for either side to actually win but noone wants to admit they don't know what's going on
>>
the "angry penguins" movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_Penguins
>>
>>7354200
I think the message is clear for me. when you are a college student, you have lots of expectations about life being good, simple, without problems... then you see the real world again, and nothing is like that. and you become one of those who you think are so despicable, so enjoy whatever what you were doing, enjoy the fake show... because you'll become that anyway.
>>
>>7354200

You can see the layers of analysis peeling like an onion in Lacan's eyes as he assumes as a gentle, fatherly demeanor for the student

weirdly interesting
>>
>>7354875
Can you explain what the convo was actually about?

It seems the college student was blaming Lacan for being part of a structure that stifles revolutionary movements and then Lacan sort of said his argument was too emotional and had no purpose?
>>
>>7354878

pretty much, the student was spouting guy debord's 'society of the spectacle' something or other, some kind of situationist sentiment to disrupt the teaching, which he sees as 'establishment' &c, spilling water on the table as an 'authentic action'. Lacan dismissed him to save the flow of the lecture, probably laughing inwardly at how appropriate the 'moment' was the student chose to disrupt
>>
Bump, newspaper nerds
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.