[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where do i begin with nietzsche?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1447167181949.jpg (63 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1447167181949.jpg
63 KB, 706x706
where do i begin with nietzsche?
>>
>>7348617
With the pre-Socratics.
>>
you begin in 9th grade and end in 12th grade
>>
With his first major work, as you would with getting into any other author/thinker. Then proceed to read the rest of his major works chronologically, as you would with any other author/thinker.
>>
>>>/his/

saged and reported
>>
>>7348624
No. This is a /mu/ meme and the Birth of Tragedy gives a bad impression of Nietzsche. It's too romantic and metaphysical.
I started with the Geneology of Morals, and that wasn't perfect because the racism was a bit off putting and some parts of the third essay were too edgy. But I did drink the kool-aid in the end. Twilight of the Idols or The Gay Science are probably the best first books to read by him.
>>
>>7348617
What does his work contain?
>>
UntimelyMeditations
>>
>>7348617
my diary, desu
>>
>>7348623
Good post
>>
File: fruitmarket_800[1].jpg (352 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
fruitmarket_800[1].jpg
352 KB, 800x600
Here.
>>
File: nietzsche-morph-1024x602.jpg (162 KB, 1024x602) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche-morph-1024x602.jpg
162 KB, 1024x602
<- Start here with Nietzsche.
>>
File: kierkegaard-morph-1024x602.jpg (160 KB, 1024x602) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard-morph-1024x602.jpg
160 KB, 1024x602
>>7355847
<-and end here with Kierkegaard.
>>
>>7355847
>>7355850
These are pretty good actually.
>>
>>7348617
you don't
>>
>>7355872
dunno about kierkegaard but the first one makes nietzsche sound like a generic punk which he certainly wasnt. the statement "universe is meaningless" alone needs dozens of footnotes. for who? why? the "will to power" has a metaphysical meaning.
middle finger to society and authoritiy... the book was called "beyond good and evil" not "beyond common decency". his lifelong project was showing how legacy ethics became toxic and arguing against their preservation precisely to prevent the middlefinger-to-everything-punks.

tldr:misleading pic is misleading
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.