[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paul Auster thread. I rarely see a Paul Auster thread around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: auster drawing.gif (27 KB, 770x550) Image search: [Google]
auster drawing.gif
27 KB, 770x550
Paul Auster thread. I rarely see a Paul Auster thread around here.

Have you read any of his works? what are your favourites?
>>
Just City of Glass, for a class freshman year. It was fun but I didn't get around to reading the rest of the trilogy. I just googled him the other day and apparently there's a published correspondence between him and Coetzee
>>
I enjoyed the New York trilogy and The Music of Chance. I didn't care for In the Country of Last Things.
>>
>>7333256
I've only read The Brooklyn Follies.

That's the book that made me check reviews before even opening one. It was the worst shit I've ever read.

Fuck that guy.
>>
He is one of those "established authors" like John Irving who might not always hit the nail on the head, but at the same time has a fairly large amount of worthwhile stuff.
>>
I read him for a postmodern lit class in college. The New York Trilogy reads exactly like a book written for a postmodern lit class. Make of that what you will.
>>
Is this the guy that wrote the book about the dude whose wife dies and he becomes obsessed with this vanished silent movie actor? That was pretty cool I can't actually remember much of it though
>>
My mom gave me the New York Trilogy for Christmas last year and I still haven't opened it. Should probably get on that.
>>
Ill admit, I only read City of Glass because MGS2 was apparently influenced by it.
>>
>>7334254
Whoah now, Irving is a master storyteller and a formal conservative who never flaunted his approach to the text over the fable itself. I have also found Irving a very consistent author despite his tackling a different New England theme every time around.

From what I've read on Auster, he's the very opposite: self-conscious and referential of non-literary, philosophical and theoretical concepts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsvTQrZH8r8

Is he alright? He seems a little out of it, looks a bit unhealthy too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.