[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Robert M. Pirsig?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: pic0904-pirsig002.jpg (61 KB, 331x479) Image search: [Google]
pic0904-pirsig002.jpg
61 KB, 331x479
What does /lit/ think of Robert M. Pirsig?
>>
I would also like to know.
>>
File: Pirsig.jpg (97 KB, 676x440) Image search: [Google]
Pirsig.jpg
97 KB, 676x440
I enjoyed his novels but I don't think his philosophy is anything special.
>>
His writing is shit his books are shit and if you disagree fight me
>>
hack
>>
>In 1979, Pirsig's son Chris . . . was stabbed to death during a mugging outside the San Francisco Zen Center.
>he and his second wife, Kimball, decided not to abort the child she conceived in 1980
>he had come to believe that this unborn child was a continuation of the life pattern that Chris had occupied
>>
>>7335906
>Stabbed to death
>Probably by a negro
>Outside of a Zen Center
>In San Fransisco
Poor fucking kid. That's what happens when your faggot dad is a hack. Chris probably didn't even give a shit about his dad's philosophy bullshit. What a way to go out.
>>
>>7335906
> >he had come to believe that this unborn child was a continuation of the life pattern that Chris had occupied
what fucking shitty people. just pretending that their new child is their old one because it makes them feel good. i'm sure that's great for the new kid. breeders are always 100% selfish, fuck them
>>
>>7332984
Cretin-tier writer and thinker who didn't understand the Western and Easter philosophical traditions he aimed to reconcile, and his own philosophical insights are the ramblings of a schizophrenic who seems to have to work to consciously ignore how much it resembles a retarded interpretation of Plato. (Does he even know why he named his character Phaedrus?)
>>
trash worthy
>>
>>7337815

I like how, in the forward to ZatMM, he actually says that he was citing the wrong part/character from Republic.

Probably should've checked that before you moved past the rough draft, buddy.
>>
>>7335780
Okay. Meet me under the flagpole after school. I'm going to kick your butt, bird turd.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.