[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here actually won a poetry competition before? If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 808.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
808.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1500
Has anyone here actually won a poetry competition before? If so, could you please post your poem? I want inspiration and I want to see the structure, also just a general "post your poetry and critique" thread.
>>
>>7332868

Why not read poetry by an actually good poet as inspiration

Read shakespeare's sonnets or something kek
>>
I have won over 30 poetry competitions
>>
I won a poetry competition for Mabinogi. I think it was supposed to be a love poem about an NPC. I wrote about Ruairi and I won a mousepad. I was pretty young and I was so proud of myself.
>>
I have won over 31 poetry competitions
>>
really? nobody? thanks for being such a helpful board /lit/
>>
>>7333565
Dude you're expecting someone who:

A. Has written poems
B. Has written poems that he has submitted to competitions
C. Has written poems that he has submitted to competitions that he won
D. Has written poems that he has submitted to competitions that he won who is online at 1-4am GMT
>>
>>7333579
i'm online at 4:55 am but I understand, i'll wait because I really need to see something.
>>
>>7332868
ut baby lets face it, I’m not into dating
I haven’t been patient
Ever since I been famous my time has been racing
My motives are basic, this life I’ve been chasing
These hearts I’ve been breaking (I’m sorry)
And these girls I been tasting don’t never get naked
They like it in a head lock fuckin’ from behind (woo)
Fuck ‘em with their clothes on, put it to the side (woo)
Feelings to the side (woo), like a don do (woo)
Get ‘em wet, let it slide like a sunroof
Got goons, got dreams, got a hotel crib
Got niggas that’ll die for the prince
Got my city on lock, XO ’til the death
Left town in a coach, came back in a jet
>>
>>7332868
you can find the poems that won on poetry comp websites often

they're usually horribly shit
>>
>>7332868
I won about five or so as a kid/teenager. I wouldn't post that shit here though. I need to try again as an adult, but I write more prose than poetry.
>>
blah blah blah
black lives matter
no one will ever steal my identity
i am too powerful
blah blah blah
women, let's all hold hands
America sucks
The End.
>>
>>7333705
exactly, i want to see good ones
>>
>>7333717
By not rhyming "sucks" with "keks" (a common trope of 2015 post-ironic mememeter), Anon' s speaker asserts his traditional masculinity as a way to stand against the changing socio-political landscape of his time.
He does not, as so many memepoets do, submit to the social kekolding that is implied by the line "America sucks." It is important to remember, howveer, that Anon's choice of form is vital. The cornerstone of Mememeter is getting keked. It is the one thing all memepoets agree upon. The fact that he muddles the essential keking by leaving it out of his poem reflects the confusion expressed by the extremely vague "blah blah blah" line that opens the poem, verbal filler that does not so much express ennui as it does hide the speaker's secret desire to be keked. The importance of "black lives" in this secret keking is obvious.
>>
>>7334884
The speaker's "identity" is that of one who is "too powerful," and power is defined as someone who does not "hold hands" with women.
This flips after the second "blah blah blah" pseudo-censored kekold. After line 5, the speaker becomes apocalyptically pro-kek, stating that "America sucks / The End". By being keked, the speaker loses all identity and the world ends, a common side effect of sexual impotency in mememeter.
>>
I dominated my country's poetry-slam scene for about 2 years, going undefeated week after week.
Then I realized it's fucking slam poetry and quit forever. Still was an insane ego boost.
>>
>>7334920
Show me something, please
>>
>>7334928
Good luck understanding, well, anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIBQe6R2Hsk
>>
>>7335041
>wahhh wahhh 6 million

fuck off kike
>>
HERE IS MY POEM ITS POSTMADERM

BIF FAT FAGGOT DICK TIT ON A SHIT WITH FOUR MILLION CLITS

G O D I S D E A D XDDDD

I WOM THE CANN FILM FESTIVAL WITH IT UR WELCUM XDDDDD
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.