[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I send out a screenplay? How do I get it made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1433631070663.gif (2 MB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
1433631070663.gif
2 MB, 300x162
How the fuck do I send out a screenplay? How do I get it made into a movie?
>>
>>7331152
Have you had your Bar Mitzvah yet?
>>
>>7331152
Go to hollywood, develop a drug habit, become a whore to fuel your drug habit, live half a decade, and hope it'll be picked up eventually.

If not then make a shitty memoir of your life and cast some up-and-coming actor who can make herself seem all grown up by playing you.
>>
>>7331190
Severely underrated
>>
File: 1419505783402.gif (2 MB, 472x360) Image search: [Google]
1419505783402.gif
2 MB, 472x360
know people, marrying into a family that knows people. Celebrate yip kappur
>>
Get a job as a poolboy at a hollywood star's mansion.

I hope you're good at handling gushing pipes
>>
You don't. Enter it into competitions. I shit you not--unless you have connections, there is no other way.

Or you could make it yourself, if you get the funding.
>>
1. Write a screenplay.
2. Burn it because it's thrash.
3. Write a good screenplay.
4. Upload it to the Blacklist.
5. It doesn't get picked up.
6. Get a manager to hook you up with people
7. Send/pitch your masterpiece to producers/studio executives.
8. If they like it they'll either buy it or option it or hire you to do rewrites for scripts
9. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>7331190
top kek
>>
Get in touch with your local film industry, meet people, give them copies. Your first script will most likely not be a commercial movie, but if you give it to a good, aspiring crew, it could win a festival or somthing and make it alot easier for you to ship future scripts. You can try competitions too, but I don't know many people who got discovered after winning one. (On the other hand, a friend on mine recently had his comedy script praised by Adam Herz (!) after meeting him at a festival.)
>>
>>7331313
Are you in the industry?

Checkin those digits btw
>>
>>7331152
You don't. Work with people you know to produce the movie. Literally the only way
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.