[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do we have any good prose from Italia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
do we have any good prose from Italia?
>>
d'Annunzio's god-tier
Calvino's comfy, especially if you get his fuck off book of fairytales
>>
what is good prose supposed to mean
>>
>>7328878
at least easily readable and enjoyable
>>
C I C E R O
I
C
E
R
O
>>
D'Annunzio, Tomasi di Lampedusa, Buzzati
>>
I enjoyed very much Pirandello, Svevo, Buzzati and Calvino.
>>
>>7328894
i'd imagine almost all major italian prose writers fit that description.
>>
dante literally wrote the best prose of all time
>>
>>7329971
I assume you're talking about la divina commedia. Isn't that an epic poem though?
>>
Umberto Eco
>>
Stefano Benni
>>
Sciascia
>>
Giorgio Manganelli and Antonio Moresco are by far the best prose writers you can find in the Italian language - at least, if you can stomach prose less than a century old. Otherwise just stick to Verga, Manzoni and all the other classics. They aren't as fun tho.
>>
>>7331078

Never heard of them, what books do you advice me?
>>
>>7331005
this
>>
Leopardi
>>
>>7328805
Calvino.
>>
D'Annunzio is purely shit. The best italian prose is identificable in Calvino, Svevo and Igniazio Silone fucking decadentisti demmerda
>>
>>7334864
What the cazzo you have against the decadentisti you little merda.

Che poi onestamente nemmeno io trovo D'Annunzio grandioso perĂ² alcuni suoi passaggi sono da pura erezione dai.
>>
>>7334864
prima cosa ti calmi
>>
>>7328981
S e n e c a
>>
>>7329971
>Dante
>prose
>>
>>7329971

It's not prose, nor is it the best.
>>
Dante's "the Divine Comedy" I love how he just get's angry at people in everyday life and writes them in for no good reason and it ruined their lives, it's like me writing:
"and there's STEVE, the bastard raised the price of the book I said I was going to buy, YOU ARE GOING T HELL STEVE"
And it becoming as popular as Harry Potter.
>>
>>7328805
Boccaccio. Fuck the haters, he actually writes about what normal people thought and felt. Although I'm probably extremely biased by being incredibly interested in renaissance Italy as a whole, so anything primary that goes in-depth about what and how people thought is a wet dream come true.

Then there's Mr Collect Wheat Erryday himself. Although you've probably already read that.

I'd also say Machiavelli...but that would definitely just be my historyboner talking.
>>
tommaso pincio
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.