[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is enjoyment morally imperative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2
is enjoyment morally imperative
>>
it's accidental
>>
What book is that?
>>
>>7327416
Book?
>>
>>7327426
>>7327427
>faggots need only one book to focus in on
It's a question which various books have reached different conclusions on. The reading list you need to have completed to participate in this thread would be exhaustive to compile, so kindly do not participate in the subject if you cannot name at least two.
>>
>>7327430
>>>/his/
>>
>>7327433
So, did you side with Kant, Mill, or Hume (or any other work) in this matter, or are you an illiterate faggot who needs to go to >>>/his/ for thinking he can post without having read a fucking book?
>>
>>7327433
Bentham says no, we need to go to >>>/tg/ for push pin.
>>
>>7327436
That's only if you think you should enjoy life, faggot; read some Schopenhauer, it is not our purpose.
>>
>>7327471
sorry fuckboi /his/ is for history /lit/ is for philosophy
>>
>>7327471
read the fucking sticky, then read a fucking book
>>
could you stop with the "if it's not about a book, go elsewhere", that's just stupid. content on this board shouldn't be ONLY about books, but about ANYTHING concerning our society and the soul. why? because people who read books, usually have more insight and knowledge on this matter and therefore, the posts are more enjoyable. and if you can't comprehend that, please do kill yourself.
>fuck the rules, the users make them
>>
If you "enjoy" life and feel "happy" for more than a few seconds every couple of days or so then you are literally pleb trash.
>>
>>7327529
it's 2 or 3 memel0rds doing it just dont reply
>>
>>7327534
why do you think that? i can't say that i enjoy life or that i am happy, but i don't despise it
>>
>>7327441
>Schopenhauer
KEK
U
C
K
>>
>>7327554
>he thinks the man who wrote The Art of Being Right can be memed out of it
You really have never read his work, or you'd know the amount of sperging coming your way.
>>
>>7327569
There's literally nothing to argue, Schopenhauer lived with a woman that had many lovers besides himself and even humored her with marriage from time to time.
The only reason why he didn't marry her was because she had a daughter with another person and the plague broke out.
>>
>>7327573
kuks will be kuks
>>
>>7327573
>The only reason why he didn't marry her was because she had a daughter with another person and the plague broke out.
It couldn't be he'd already written
>Marrying means to halve one's rights and double one's duties
and the even more humorous to marriage
>Marrying means to grasp blindfolded into a sack hoping to find an eel amongst an assembly of snakes.
>plague
Do you mean cholera?
Schoppy used get some serious PTP, so I don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>7327590
Schopenhauer really never listened to his own philosophy, if you read his biography you'd know this yourself.
As a matter of fact, I'm sure there's a quote from him in Wikipedia where he justifies himself, something about a sculptor shouldn't be asked to be as beautiful as his work-piece.
He also has a quote saying he was more fond of woman when he was young and would've had them had they had him.
And again, he humored Caroline Richter, and would have married her if she didn't have her daughter.
Though he might have made the move knowing she wouldn't abandon her daughter, he offered her to escape Berlin with him if she did.
>>
>>7327600
>something about a sculptor shouldn't be asked to be as beautiful as his work-piece.
Isn't that usually in reference to his enquiring around nothing rather than aspiring to it?
>>7327600
>he was more fond of woman when he was young and would've had them had they had him.
Some of them did turn him down. However, he fucked more sixteen year olds than you have.
>>7327600
>And again, he humored Caroline Richter, and would have married her if she didn't have her daughter.
So, if a situation which wasn't real had happened, he could have gotten married in order to actually get keked? I don't think that's keking m8, I think that's not marrying chicks with kids when you can bang them for free and leave when cholera hits.
>>
>>7327609
The point is, Schopenhauer had a woman he loved, and she had many lovers at the same time which he didn't seem to mind, so he's clearly a kekold and should be disregarded along with other kek "philosophers" such as Stirner and Russel.
>>
>>7327609
lol, i forgot about the filter, does it do the same thing with kekhold? if it does, it's time we had a John Webster thread.
>>
>>7327620
The point is you don't know what a word means, and are trying to apply it to bachelors.
>>
>>7327623
>being in a relationship with a woman you have genuine affection for that sleeps around
>not a kekold
pick one
>>
>>7327625
No, your choice is a false dichotomy since the word then, as now and for a while yet before /pol/ becomes common use, is applied to only married people. No marriage, no c uckoldry.
>>
File: 1409767159016.gif (2 MB, 556x720) Image search: [Google]
1409767159016.gif
2 MB, 556x720
>>7327416
I just found out that /his/ is finally a board thanks to your thread OP.
>>
>>7327625
A cuc|kold is defined as a man who has an adulterous wife. A wittol is an acquiescent cuc|kold.

If you say it means something different on 4chan, then the truth is it doesn't mean anything anymore because of its constant misuse.
>>
>>7327635
>>7327630

>shit keks say to make themselves feel better

lmaoing @ your lives
>>
>>7327641
>shit idiots say to remain idiots
You make it easier to shine.
>>
>>7327641
I've never been with a woman before. Just because you don't know how to articulate your ideas without using meme vocabulary that's been diluted to such an extent that the word cuc|k has become nebulous doesn't make me interested in that fetish.

Go back to /pol/ and talk about how much you love big black dick or whatever.
>>
@7327635

you are purposefully ignoring context, kill yourself
>>
Enjoyment as some kind of imperative will inevitably lead to suffering and disappointment. Life is tough kids.
>>
>>7327652
back to your relevant context on twitter
>>
>>7327650
The reality is that you're being obtuse, you might think you're being clever but anyone with half a brain would know what I meant by the word kek, but you'll dodge because you've no argument to hold on but semantics.
Anyone wise would be... wise to pick up on what I said about Schopenhauer.
Don't read philosophy written by keks. Resist this moral decay.
>>
>>7327662
>using the humpty dumpty defense of language use
Are you a six year old girl?
>>
>>7327671
Again, being obtuse.

If when I used the word kek, you didn't think the idea "a man whose lover sleeps around" didn't come to your mind, you're bullshitting or stupid, which means this entire conversation was a waste of time.

>humpty dumpty defense
lmaoing @ your life again
>>
>>7327683
>he doesn't like Alice in Wonderland
wow you're an idiot six year old girl. swerve
>>
>>7327685
a six yo ggirl that BTFO you and your life you kek
>>
>>7327686
>he thinks he's winning
oh dear, are you going to be disappointed at the new dictionary
>>
>"morally imperative" things exist
2spooky4me
>>
>>7327671
to be fair, he's dumber than alice
>>
>>7327426
Tsukihime
>>
>>7327689

Pretty funny that you think you know anything at all, especially with how enthralled you are with Academia where no philosopher worth his salt stood in line with them.

Either way, you're definitely stupid. The word "kek" was used in the correct context here, where even if Schopenhauer remained a bachelor the general understanding is having a lover who sleeps around (and yes if you checked 4chan use of it you will see this is true), unlike your laughable attempt at making this seem like a "humpty dumpty language defense" which if you actually knew what it was, it's changing the definitions of the words until the meaning is so far and away that it has nothing resembling its real meaning, which is nothing at all what I'm doing here when using kek in the common lingo around here.
>>
>>7327707
>4chan use
Are you an idiot? The 4chan use means nothing anymore.

You listened to your mom? What a cuc|k! You did your homework? What a cuc|k! You think refugees should come to Europe? What a cuc|k! You think this waifu is better than that waifu? What a cuc|k!

You are just an idiot, or should I say you're a cuc|k.
>>
>>7327707
>blather
>can't even make it past a word filter
Who exactly do you think is interested in your point of view? Try [s4s] they talk about kek all the time, sometimes even jej
>>
>>7327719
I was gonna tell you you were making shit up, but now that I remember I made a thread on /v/ talking about FO4 and got called a kek for something completely unrelated.
>>
>>7327725
Okay, then how about I take that back and I call Schopenhauer a "Guy that had a girlfriend and loved her while she still fucked other people despite being in a relationship" from the beginning? What then?
>>
>>7327730
You'd still be an idiot and watch too many soap operas. You'd be slightly less wrong, but not enough to matter.
>>
>>7327735

Nope, I'd be absolutely right.
I called Schopenhauer a kek, and that was the meaning I intended when I used the word. Whatever follows from there is this argument of whether a kek means what I said it meant or if it's the classical meaning in the dictionary.
Unless you're going to argue that whatever I said is untrue, which isn't, I can't find the exact book but it was something like "Philosophers gone bad" or something like that. There's also a section on Nietzsche and his obsession with fruit.

just because I'm not a "guy that has a girlfriend that fucks other men while in a relationship with me" or don't condone that type of behavior doesn't mean I watch soap-operas
>>
>>7327744
No, I'm talking about how you are an idiot who, even if you didn't use words you didn't understand the meanings of, would still be an idiot.
>>
>>7327748
But I'd be correct anyways.
Everything else is jealousy.
>>
>>7327750
In the scenario where you hadn't been an idiot, no you wouldn't be an idiot. But you were an idiot and still are one.
>>
>>7327748
This.

Also ad hominem doesn't make their statements fallacious.
>>
>>7327754

Well, if you want to listen to the philosophy of a person that had his girlfriend sleep around while being in a relationship, by all means go ahead, after all Schopes was popular with the French, so I'll probably guess that pessimists and people that enjoy their lovers and wives fucking other men have something in common.

>>7327753
>"bla bla bla"
you said nothing about me being wrong :^)
>>
>>7327762
By the way, I found the book here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophers_Behaving_Badly
>>
>>7327762
>you said nothing about me being wrong :^)
You are willfully wrong, and a continuing idiot to boot.
>>
>>7327819
At this point it's just being tsunedgy.
>>
>>7327824
But I'm also right and not an idiot, so I'll be fine.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.