[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm interested in learning both German and Norwegian (not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I'm interested in learning both German and Norwegian (not simultaneously, of course). With which one should I start? Will it be easier for me to approach Norwegian after knowing some German? Or the opposite?
>>
>>7327250
start with the greeks
>>
no impact either way really, even danish isn't easier to learn for knowing german.
>>
Pick whichever one you most want to learn. Because you might not have the time, patience, or desire to learn two languages.
>>
Norwegian is closer to English than German is, but it'll be much easier to learn Norwegian after German than it would to learn it first. Then you can also branch out and learn every other Germanic language.
>>
>>7327374
>Norwegian is closer to English than German is

In what way? They're basically the same distance.
>>
>>7327250
If you learn German, learn Dutch. There isn't much else to learn, because English and German essentially combine to make Dutch.
>>
>>7327250
From a grammatical perspective Norwegian is the easiest to learn (from my experience). Although like >>7327280 said you should start with whatever you want to learn the most.

Although keep in mind that Norway has two standard written varieties which vary greatly from a non-native speakers´point of view.

If you think from the perspective of literature you should start with Norwegian since large chunks of it is yet to be translated into English. German literature has had more exposure and is thus more available.
>>
>>7327384
Why would u think distance has anything to do with it? Also England gott fucked by the nordmans.
>>
>>7327250

Funny, but these are the two languages I want to learn as well.

Although I began a while ago and already speak German at a B2 level.

What is your reason for wanting to learn Norwegian?
>>
Norwegian is IIRC the easiest language in the world for native English speakers to learn.
>>
>>7328445
Well, I got interested in Norway through black metal, Norse folklore and all that stuff. I'm abstractly thinking of moving there (or to Germany) one day, seems like a beautiful land and a good country to live in.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.