[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writer's block I guess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: stick guy.png (36 KB, 872x625) Image search: [Google]
stick guy.png
36 KB, 872x625
The last critique someone gave me was that my work was "uninteresting" and "boring" so I have been looking for something interesting to write about but noticed that I know absolutely nothing about anything and have 0 interesting experiences.

I cannot get over this and haven't written anything in the past five days. I also have no idea how to get over it and every attempt to do so ends up stressing me and making me fall even further down.

Have you ever felt like this, /lit/?
>>
Yeah, right now. I enjoy getting criticism but I'm easily bummed out by it because I only really know one way to write, and apparently that way is dog shit.

My narrative voice just sucks. I think I'll just stick to poetry.
>>
why are you writing if you have nothing to say?

this is a legitimate question
>>
>>7326648
to speak and yet say nothing is sublime
>>
>>7326648

Everyone has something to say, whether it'll be interesting to others is a different story.
>>
I also feel that my writing isn't great but there's nothing I'd rather do.

So, fuck it.
>>
You don't have to listen to everyone on here, anon. Remember that a lot of people on this site probably have anime profile pictures on facebook/youtube.

That said, if an insult has some basis in the world, it'll smart. Do with that what you will.
>>
>>7327138
This desu
You write to make your writing better. Eventually you will find something interesting to write about. By then your writing will be good.
My writing sucks but i enjoy doing it. If i postedf anything in a kritik thread it would be among the worse posts. But fuck it. Also i don't write fiction. I write about things that interest me like IT and politics. However i have an idea for a good fiction book. I will write the book that i want to read....
Of course i will not write it.Maybe a short story
>>
you arent supposed to translate interesting experiences into writing. not consciously anyway.
when someone watches sports and remarks that it's a boring game, the players dont get existential crisis and think about joining foreign legion. instead they increase their skills and analyze their technical errors. thats all you can do.
>>
>>7327389
kind of this. if you take everything here to heart you'll give up on writing quickly. critique threads hardly offer critique rather than shitting on something 100% or praising it 100%.
>>
>>7327423
Yes.
Also if you want to write a story that is about some great injustice it's better to not experience it first hand kek. I mean let's take a person who does work so they will reccieve x amount of money when they are done. When they are done they recieve less than x or nothing. That's not cool bro. You don't have to experience this in order to imagine who pissed of you would be if that happened to you.
>>
>>7326473
You can salvage a boring story with great writing and to improve your writing you need to write. Just look at the classics most people shill about here; the stories themselves are usually garbage and only few writers had really extraordinary lives.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.