[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The best author you've never heard of. >don't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: buzzati.jpg (86 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
buzzati.jpg
86 KB, 400x400
The best author you've never heard of.

>don't even start it with your "how do you not know [insert_author]? you barbarous cunt" shit

Only post authors completely overlooked or forgotten whom you serendipitously know.

Also, provide info as to why your author is worth an effort.
>>
Andrei Bely. He wrote Petersburg, one of the best pieces of Russian literature.
>>
>>7325034
>Implying that everybody on this board doesn't know about him because they're Nabokov fanboys who've memorized this: http://wmjas.wikidot.com/nabokov-s-recommendations.
>>
>>7325052
In addition: it's on multiple charts
>>
File: munoz_molina_03.jpg (56 KB, 710x510) Image search: [Google]
munoz_molina_03.jpg
56 KB, 710x510
I've seen very few posts here talking about Antonio Muñoz Molina. El Jinete Polaco is definitely one of my favorite books. It's a shame it's not translated.
>>
Where the Joseph brodsky love my family?
>>
>>7325181
Forgot to explain why: his narrative style is so original and beautiful. He uses the exact words and he sometimes writes something that sends shivers down your spine. If I had to explain it I'd say he elongates his sentences and stars like getting faster and faster until you are interrupted by a dot. Then you start again. I know it's a shitty explanation but it's the best I can do with my limited knowledge of english. They say you either love it (his writing style) or hate it.
>>
Breece D'J Pancake is pretty good supposedly, but I couldn't find any of his work online and it seems hard to track down

not even joking, that was his name
>>
>>7324905

Manuel DeLanda, because he's Deleuze with all the bullshit taken out. Because if there's one thing that I needed more of when exposing myself to Capitalism and Schizophrenia, it was more incomprehensible jargon.
>>
>>7325181
>>7325198
is there an english translation anywhere?
>>
>>7325246
the atlantic published his 3 most popular short stories online

Trilobites is a good one to start with
>>
>>7325252
Dunno but there must be something somewhere.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.