[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw Gilgamesh achieved his eternal life through his epic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Gilgamesh Mourns Enkidu.jpg (69 KB, 658x436) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh Mourns Enkidu.jpg
69 KB, 658x436
>tfw Gilgamesh achieved his eternal life through his epic
Are there any other good epics that take place before Christ?
>>
The Iliad
The Odyssey
>>
The Mahabharata and the Ramayana
>>
>>7323949

>Gilgamesh achieved his eternal life through his epic

Except he didn't. For him eternal life was being safe from the underworld, not some shitty recognition, shitty to say the least since he's nowhere near as well-known as Achilles.
>>
>>7323949
Shahnemah
>>
>>7325812
>Shahnemah
Shahnameh*
>>
>>7325835
Oh sorry. The ه gets transliterated as an "e" usually for farsi, right.
>>
>>7325812
That definitely ain't BC, though.

These
>>7323949
>>7323964
>>7324002
and a handful of other Greek and Roman ones are the only that I know are BC. Are there any others?
>>
File: 1356157385693s.jpg (6 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1356157385693s.jpg
6 KB, 208x249
You will never have 3 days and 3 nights of non-stop wild sex with Shamhat. Why live?
>>
>>7323949
The Poetic Edda
>>
>>7325871
I thought you meant that the accounts regaled within the epic should take place before Christ because Firdawsi's epic begins BC.
>>
>>7323949
The Torah
>>
>>7325788
Who?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.