[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm willing to buy (pic related) edition of Gravity's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
I'm willing to buy (pic related) edition of Gravity's Rainbow, is it good? What's the difference between this and the 1973 edition beside year, cover and size?
>>
that edition has know printing errors and is missing entire sets of square brackets which occur quite often.
>>
this edition has typos

it's a cover by Frank Miller

reasons enough to go first edition
>>
>>7323826
>google frank miller
>the dude's wearing a fedora in every single picture of him
i'm dying
>>
>>7323825
>>7323826
>first edition
Think it's too late for me to buy the first edition due to
1) Unavailability
2) Too expensive

Could you guys suggest any good edition with no grammatical errors?
>>
>>7323840

literally any other edition
>>
File: grvintage.jpg (17 KB, 226x346) Image search: [Google]
grvintage.jpg
17 KB, 226x346
>>7323822

That edition is supposed to be pretty bad. Pic related, I've been told, is good. I asked /lit/ and they recommended this one. I'll be getting it in the mail tomorrow.
>>
>>7323842
Specifically?
>>
>>7323826
>>7323834
>it's a cover by Frank Miller
You arabs or something? It's also the only reason Pynchon agreed to a new edition.
>>
>>7323844
Thanks, m8.
>>
>>7323844
How are Vintage editions generally?
>>
>>7323849
He wouldnt have to agree. Viking owns gravitys rainbow in the us, they can do whatever they want with it.
>>
>>7323822
Get the penguin classics 20th century classics one with the blue schematic on the cover. The vintage book is from the uk, and uk paperbacks are weird. I cant describe it. Their cover material and paper stock are weird. Gives me the creeps.
>>
>>7323866
I find them affordable and pleasant, yet not too simple like the orange penguin classics. They get the job done.
>>
>>7323914
Sure, bud.
>>
>>7323840
http://www.amazon.com/Gravitys-Rainbow-Thomas-Pynchon/dp/0670003743/ref=tmm_pap_title_9?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
>Used from $2,66
Learn to do things by yourself, anon
>>
>>7323866

I like them I read the vintage version of For Whom the Bell Tolls. Good quality and nice cover.

>>7323842

Nope. Pic related supposedly awful as well.
>>
Uk paperbacks are waxy
>>
File: 2015-11-05 10.13.45.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-05 10.13.45.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
Actually I visited a b&n recently and the sentence was there, guys. I guess you should check it to make sure before you buy it but not every edition is fucked.
>>
>>7324356
They listened to us.
>>
>>7323914
That's the one I have, but I haven't read it yet. Glad to hear it's a good edition, I was surprised to find a new copy of it.
>>
>>7323834
he rocked that shit before the internet made fun of it.
>>
>>7324356
what are the supposed errors? anywhere online where I can read more about it?
>>
>>7324484
that very last line, "cross-under the trees...before something hap-" is completely omitted in some versions. I wrote it in mine with a pencil.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.