[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Existential crisis theme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
Are there any literary works similar to picrelated, that is meaning the main character being socially isolated miserable failure, being a wimp, coward and stuff?
>>
Notes From the Underground by Dostoevsky.
>>
Search him on Literature Map, imma pretty sure Yukio Mishima wrote some works, similar to No longer human (though not that extremely sad)
>>
The Day of the Locust
Ask the Dust
Too Loud a Solitude

I feel like I've read way more of this kind of book than those three but I can't recall very many right now. Also my diary desu
>>
>>7323252
Thanks m8
>>7323261
I did read Confessions of a Mask, but all his other works are diffrent from what I''m looking for.
>>
>>7323266
post your diary anon!
>>
>>7323266
>The Day of the Locust
I saw the movie, didn't seem to be a harcore drama.
>>
>>7323266
Thanks for Too Loud a Solitude, might be it.
>>
I know /lit/ hates Miller for whatever reason, but DoaSm fits your criteria.
>>
>>7323322
I personally love Miller, but i don't know what DoaSm stands for. Can you decipher that anon?
>>
>>7323343
Death of a Salesman
>>
>>7323355
Lol, sorry thought bout the other Miller. Certainly a sex-addict cannot be any miserable.
>>
Why doesn't my city library system have this book? Are they just a bunch of normies or what?
>>
>>7323387
if ur city is a town, yes. just go over gen.lib.rus.ec
>>
>>7323403
I cant stand to read anything that isn't a hard copy. Except shitposts of course
>>
>>7323419
Wow, really a patrician aren't you
>>
>>7323220
Your life
>>
>>7323419
then print it out u fuck
>>
>>7323422
>reading
>not doing a headstand on top of the book and absorbing it's information through osmosis
unwashed plebian etc
>>
>>7323422
No. Its just that one of the things I enjoy about reading books is they don't blast my retinas with a fuckton of photons. Plus I lack the discipline to read more than 5 pages at once on an internet capable device.
>>
>>7323220
stoner
of human bondage
>>
>>7323425
Yup captain, but I need to read stuff too. That's better experience than living.
>>
>>7323433
Maybe i missed something, is like E-Ink and Retina percepted by the eye in the same way?
Also my argument in this case, is that there's no point in buying a book by a dead author, since you practically pay the publisher fatcats.
>>
>>7323445
Danke schön!
>>
>>7323461
I typically don't buy books because I use the library and why would I care who the money is going to? I am buying a copy of the book, not donating my money to a cause I deem worthy.
>>
>>7323445
So stoner.
>>
>>7323461
>in buying a book by a dead author, since you practically pay the publisher fatcats
If you really loved those works you'd buy the physical copies. Why would a publisher try to innovate with the works and commission new translations when there is no interest? Don't you respect translators?
>>
>>7323572
I'm too normie for foreign literature, so yes i don't. I will stick to my point.
>>
>>7323287

The book is infinitely better. One of my favorite novels ever. Not really an existential novel, though. Maybe Homer's character, but it's more a novel of entropy and revelation.
>>
>>7323363
Willy is a manchild, sex-addict, and overall failure trying to live through his sons, who are also miserable failures. On top of that, he's mentally ill. It's one of the greatest American tragedies.
>>
>>7323220
The Hour Of The Star sort of, although it's not in first person.
>>
Hermann Ungar - The Maimed
>>
>>7323279
kek
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.