[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the whole /his/ is crawling with spooks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: 1403677333578.png (110 KB, 381x448) Image search: [Google]
1403677333578.png
110 KB, 381x448
the whole /his/ is crawling with spooks
>>
>>7322233
/lit/ - literature
>>
>>7322239
kid, you don't want him to make you read the ego and its own so you understand the text at hand and its relevance to literature. after the first goethe quotation the prose goes way down, just don't put yourself through it.
>>
File: 1441061996488.png (390 KB, 426x496) Image search: [Google]
1441061996488.png
390 KB, 426x496
>mfw browsing through /his/
>>
>>7322529
>/his/ trying to talk about philosophy

I had more meaningful conversations on /sp/.
>>
File: kierkegaard (2).jpg (1 MB, 1313x1751) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard (2).jpg
1 MB, 1313x1751
i'll be waiting for you with others
>>
>>7322547
Why was he so based?
>>
>>7322580
the knight of faith is the only refined form of existentialism. nietzsche and stirner and self-congratulatory onanism.
>>
>>7322233
what did you expect?

it's more a growth of /pol/ than /lit/. at its most banal its pop history channel shit like "what if hitler did this" or discussions about weapons. at its worst its shameless white heritage histories like christian crusades, viking sagas, germanic rune interpretation. plenty of "blacks and women are dumb what did they ever do in history? checkmate liberals" and holocaust denial threads

4chan is shit. all of it. this place is toxic, but i spend almost all my free time here
>>
/lit/ is full of idiots.
t. a /pol/his/lit/ crossposter
>>
>>7322615
>wahhh people are talking about things I don't like talking about
>wahhh these people are expressing views I don't agree with
>>
>>7322632
I don't understand why so often "muh free speech" is used to deflect criticism against facile and baseless ideas.
>>
>>7322639
I don't understand why you think I care about free speech, why you assume I don't think these ideas are baseless, or why you assume that every idea in question is facile and baseless.
>>
Complain about it there.
>>
>>7322632
its not about their ideas being different, its the self-congratulatory attitude, the loaded rhetorical questions that open the threads, the intentional closing of the mind to the histories of whole empires that existed for hundreds of years ("lol niggers and muslims didnt do shit but build straw huts and cut off the hands of thieves. white people are the best").

i roll my eyes at the same attitude when it comes from the left as well. if i had a dime for every time i heard someone make a sweeping condemnation of goerge h dub and republicans ca. enduring freedom i could have retired.
>>
File: 1442178143331.jpg (4 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1442178143331.jpg
4 KB, 125x124
>>>/his/118759
>>
>>7322657
>"lol niggers and muslims didnt do shit but build straw huts and cut off the hands of thieves. white people are the best"
I haven't seen those threads. There are bad threads but there's a lot of substantial discussion. /lit/ is a hugbox, now more than ever since the people with heterodox views all browse /his/ now.
>>
>>7322727
there's literally not one thread on /his/ that i would be glad to have on /lit/
i was one of those that did not want a /his/ but i see now that it has rid us of the /pol/tards
it is a new dawn, my friends
>>
>>7322727
>/lit/ is a hugbox
>hugbox
I take personal offense to this, anon, and that is hard for me to do as a transcendental wave form. I have become materia purely to tell you, Fuck you, don't you fucking touch me, don't you dare even fucking breathe near me, you filthy fucking causal system.
>>
>>7322657
>using all of human history -- literally the maximum amount of evidence possible to prove a claim -- to prove a claim is somehow bad
nah, fuck off. i'm sorry it hurts your feelings
>>
File: lit in a nutshell.png (11 KB, 973x86) Image search: [Google]
lit in a nutshell.png
11 KB, 973x86
The discussions on there aren't any better than on here.

At least some of the dudes there get their facts straight, which is more enlightening than some prick's dislike of a book for whatever dumb reason.
In the meantime all /lit/ can is jerk off their tiny dicks over POMO word salad and outdated marxism.
>>
>>7323171

>my tortured and loose understanding of human history is sufficient evidence for my sweeping, uneducated claims
>>
File: 1426395778821.png (646 KB, 2008x1583) Image search: [Google]
1426395778821.png
646 KB, 2008x1583
>>7323091
>>i was one of those that did not want a /his/ but i see now that it has rid us of the /pol/tards
>it is a new dawn, my friends
exactly this

mixing philosophy with history, plus the word limit, plus the short wait between postings is exactly the recipe for attracting trolls.

Lit is purified now.
>>
>>7323186
>Young Adult novels
wot
>>
>>7322233
Then go back there since you are one of them
>>>/his/
Saged
Hidden
>>
>>7322615
>>7322657
tumblr cunt detected
Only those who are literally or mentally are teenage girls care about people shitting on minorities on the internet, type like this,and complain about Republicans but not politics and politicians as a whole
>>>/t/umbler
>>
>>7324042
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7324050
I don't browse that shit board, but try harder.
>>
>>7324042
>>>/elementaryschool/
>>
>>7324050
>>7324059
Funny how these posts were a little over a minute apart on an already slow board in the morning hours for most of the board's posters, and how the IP counter didn't go up.
>>
>>7324062
>projecting
I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>7323091
That's probably because it isn't a literature board. Maybe you're just too stupid for humanities that require more thought than literature does and are thus incapable of competently noticing when an argument is or isn't baseless. If I told you that the Crusades were a just war you'd probably get mad.
>>
>>7324060
Are you saying samefag? Because it's not desu.
>>
>>7324084
How can you tell?
>>
File: hibari-kun angry.jpg (137 KB, 605x490) Image search: [Google]
hibari-kun angry.jpg
137 KB, 605x490
It's pretty sad. 85% of the posts are crap so I won't go there, but the few 15% are threads I would had liked to read here and get book recommendations about and I won't enjoy with the different audience.
I'll see in a few months or half a year of a userbase is formed and I like it, but as it stands /lit/ got gutted when it was already a really slow board and no one got anything out of it.
>>
Get this the fuck out of here

>>>/his/
>>
> expect a proper history board that will bring out posters like /int/ Napoleon scholar or /lit/ history book recommender guy
> open catalogue
> holocaust denial thread
> how was hitler as a leader
> would africa have been better under European colonialism
> why is africa savage
> rightwing conservative thread
> what if Nazis won WW2
> was Dresden a war crime
>>
>>7324112
/lit/ in the first few months was all about hating on twilight and loving YA, Frankenstein was considered high brow. you have to give a board at least a year to see where it will go.
I still don't think it's a good idea, you shouldn't divide slow boards. This way /lit/ is even less interesting to lurk and more of a secondary board at best.
>>
>>7322233
Could a knowledgeable Stirner fag elucidate something for me. I have never read Nietzche's work, but I have heard his ultimate conclusion is very similar to Buddhism. Reading The Ego and It's Own however and I am presented with a totally juxtaposing image - yet Stirner is said to be Nietzche's predecessor? What might have cause such a dramatic split, or are Nietzche's initial observations fundamentally different to that of Stirner's in some way?
>>
>>7324112
>People shouldn't discuss things I don't like talking about
>>
>>7324118
The issue is that /his/ is composed of a huge amount of /pol/ posters who don't see what they're doing is posting total shit, and are so deluded that they will never change. I tried to post this screencap of their catalogue to hammer in just how low quality their board is, but got five responses asking what was meant to be wrong.
>>
>>7324127
I'd be fine with rigorous discussion about historical topics.

What if? scenarios, ideology threads or poorly researched WW2 threads however are not this.
>>
>>7324134
Then don't post in those threads. It's not like they're off topic.
>rigorous discussion
This is 4chan. People seem to forget where they are when they find a board that could potentially have a couple smart people posting on it.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.