[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have a /lit/ life goal? I started on a path to become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: cara.png (660 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cara.png
660 KB, 600x600
Do you have a /lit/ life goal?

I started on a path to become an expert in western literature, philosophy and history.

Inherently I wish to learn these seven languages:
ancient greek
latin
italian
english
french
german
russian
to have access to the major part of everything produced by man since the invention of writing, (already know 4 of them).

Can I make it? What is your goal?
>>
enjoy your superstructure
>>
Of course it's possible if you have an aptitude for language. Discipline is the difference maker.

I would suggest starting with small goals to building up your discipline and let the force of that discipline snowball your way into conquering the big goals.

Don't start off motivated by big goals because motivation is frailty, like women.
>>
>>7321361
I want to become a professor of creative writing and nail undergrads in my office while doing no work whatsoever.
>>
I'm going to achieve bio-mechanical immortality and then go live in seclusion on the other side of the galaxy.
>>
>clear backlog before ordering new books
ALL IS VANITY
>>
>not learning Spanish
>>
>>7321698
>>>/a/
Actually.
>>>/his/
>>
>>7321361

I have this idea of being a genius living a secluded life, a bit like Pessoa or McCarthy. I both want and don't want to be in the media, but I think I idolize those who stay out of the media than those who do.

I just need to become a excellent writer first. The seclusion I know how to do.
>>
File: grimes.jpg (50 KB, 503x369) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
50 KB, 503x369
write a book duh
>>
I want to become a yuppie
>>
Write stuff that /lit/ actually likes.
>>
My /lit/ life goal is to put my penis inside Ms Delevingne
>>
>>7322521
Then again I'm not sure she's as cute as Emma Watson
>>
Write a book that makes a big impact on literature or even society... not some 1000th version of the Hunger Games that gets made into a mediocre movie.
Learn Japanese, Arabic, Spanish and Latin. Read a lot more books than I have.
>>
>>7321361
No. I don't have any life goals at all anymore because I found having goals that are borderline unrealistic just makes me depressed as hell.

So now I'm only living day to day.
>>
Write a manuscript, kill myself, and then have it published by a friend or family member 20 years later
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.