[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your favorite short stories from Borges? I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Labyrinthe Man.jpg (16 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
Labyrinthe Man.jpg
16 KB, 200x250
What are your favorite short stories from Borges? I haven't read them all yet but I really enjoyed these:
The Circular Ruins
The Writing of the God
The Book of Sand
The Garden of Forking Paths
>>
>>7320843
Borges is a hack.
>>
>>7320843
ditto for Ruins an Forking Paths
The Secret Miracle
Pierre menard
>>
>>7320843
Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius
Pierre Menard
Garden of Forking Paths
House of Asterion
Three Versions of Judas
Borges and I
The South
Among others.
>>
>>7320843
A tired mans utopia or the Library of Babel.
Read both now.
>>
>>7320843
>>7321379
All these. Same as everyone else
>>
>>7320843
Can't make up my mind which one I like best.

Garden of Forking Paths
The Zahir

Which translations/publishers does /lit/ generally recommend for Borges?
>>
My favourite is "The Other Death," but I've never found a good english translation of it. Not to meme here, but the story really loses its impact and ambiguity in translation.
>>
Funds the Memorious, nothing scared me as much.
>>
*Funes
>>
The Book of Sand
There Are More Things
Blue Tigers
The Gospel According to Mark

I enjoy Borges as horror writer.
>>
>>7320863
Nah.
>>
>>7320843
The Immortal is one of my all-time favorite Borges works that I never see mentioned.

>>7321810
Funes is up there too, also strangely underrated on this board.

Other underrated favorites:
Theme of the Traitor and The Hero
The Secret Miracle
Deutsches Requiem
The Maker
The Witness
Ragnarok

The last two are prose poems, not "stories", but still wonderful and an interesting contrast to his usual stuff. Also, his essays are not to be passed over.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.