[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of kindle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
What does /lit/ think of kindle?
>>
I have one and I like it
>>
This isn't Facebook. Don't post pictures of yourself. Ew.
>>
I don't use one, I'm paranoid I'd lose it and thus my entire bookshelf. Don't have a problem with them though, they seem to make it easier for weird new ideas to get published.
>>
>>7317353
middle age woman tier
>>
Are nu-males all this pathetic?
>>
>>7317353
>>>/his/
>>
Thanks for making this interesting topic. I would love to share the details of my electronic book reading experience.

I had a Kindle. It was pretty cool but it broke. I just ended up getting an Android tablet to read on. I broke it too. I ordered a new tablet the other day. It should get here Thursday.
>>
>>7317353
Im not attracted to you, regardless of gender.

I do like Kindles. I dont like their PDF capabilities.
>>
I heard they tell you how long it will take you to finish the book you're reading. Kindle owners: How helpful is that feature?
>>
It upped my game.
>>
>>7318205
Found it annoying, it calculates the time it takes you per page relative to the rest of the book. Which is a good Idea in theory, but I tend to get bored and look away for long periods of time, which leads to an inaccurate measurement
>>
>>7318205
Bad. I find myself looking at it every page. It makes me want to skip to the end. I suspect this is something of a deficiency on my part.
>>
Love my Nook. Got the old one, like 2nd edition they came out with. No bells or whistles or lifted screens, just the ink&paper screen, whatever they call it. The new ones can all suck my taint, you don't need 1% of the features. Just put the words on the screen in a way that easy to read.
>>
Kindle paperwhite + calibre masterrace here
>>
File: IMG_20151013_084851.jpg (73 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151013_084851.jpg
73 KB, 720x720
>>7318284
I was worried about this when I got a kindle but you can make page numbers/percentages and all that time until end of book nonsense dissapear in the settings. which is why I like kindle more, all you see is the book text and you can read with whatever size font you feel the most comfortable with
>>
>>7318436
woo woo
>>
Does Kindle work with Google Drive? I use my phone currently and upload pirated ebooks to Google Drive, which means I am then able to download them and read them on my Books app. It syncs nicely.

Anything similar on the Kindle for pirates?
>>
>>7318436
>tfw cry yourself to sleep every night b/c your backlog of books is in the 1000s
>>
File: Untitled.png (57 KB, 824x861) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
57 KB, 824x861
>>7318543
I have thousands of epubs, but my actual backlog is like 30
>>
>>7318515
Just stick your books on dropbox and then connect calibre to your PC dropbox folder.
>>
>>7318436
fuck yea, guy
>>
Got the most basic model, no backlight, no other bullshit.

What it does (like any good e-reader) is provide you with access to the untold riches of Project Gutenberg and Archive.org. I don't buy many e-books, what with the 350+ that I've picked up free from those sites and one or two others.

Where else can you find a copy of Simplicius Simplicissimus? A fascinating picaresque novel from 17th C. Germany about a boy's adventures in the Thirty Years War (an international bloodbath with religious dimensions that's the closest parallel I can find to the ISIS war). Recommended.
>>
>>7318554
I like the diversity and lack of memery here.
>>
>>7317708
Your collection is tied to your Amazon account. You can't lose it.
>>
>>7318190
I'm attracted to OP, regardless of gender.

Almost my entire e book collection is PDF, so I second this.
>>
DRM is shit but the actual devices are pretty good.
>>
>>7318562
That makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>7317353
I cannot tell if you're a manly woman or a girly man.
>>
>>7318663
The only time ive run into Amazon DRM is buying an epub off of amazon, returning it, and stripping the drm off in the 30 seconds between, and that was to upload it to bibliotik
>>
>>7318625
im in my 30s and i cant stand to read books because im supposed to anymore.
>>
I don't like paying for digital content, and there isn't nearly enough convenience(financially, portability, etc.) in a digital device for me to bother.

For anything freely available online I have a phone and a computer and all kinds of shit. I'd rather just carry a book when I'm out and enjoy my reading experience more.
>>
I only thrift for physical books and I illegally download the rest for my kindle.
>>
File: 1443082232680.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1443082232680.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>>7317353
>kindle
>>>/g/
>>
>>7317749
kek
>>
>>7318205
its good to know how long is left in the chapter
>>
>>7318190
>>7318631

could you bros tell me more about this?
>>
>>7317749
>I do declare that /his/ shall become a meme of itself, much like /pol/ and other low-tier boards
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.