[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm halfway done with reading Confederacy of Dunce and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: The Consolation of Philosophy.png (234 KB, 326x500) Image search: [Google]
The Consolation of Philosophy.png
234 KB, 326x500
So I'm halfway done with reading Confederacy of Dunce and noticed pic related as been mentioned all throughout the book.

Is it worth a read even if I have yet to read any of the Greeks?
>>
Wait, are you implying that you started confederacy of Dunces without having done the Greeks?
How can you understand any of it?
>>
Clever, but the thread isn't about Toole, it's about Boethius.

>>>/his/
>>>/his/
>>>/his/
>>
>>7316350
yeah and I do understand Confederacy of Dunces perfectly tbqh

>>7316351
fuck off.
>>
>>7316359
Please do not troll /lit/.
>>
It's a very good starter book for philosophy. You can loop back to the preSocratics or Stoics after it, or continue on to most medieval philosophy, or compare it with Sade's Philosophy in the Bedroom.
>>
>>7316363
thanks lad.
>>
>>7316343
no it's a joke
>>
>>7316351
man i love these guys
>>
>>7316362
that's not what the Tractatus says
>>
Just
>>
Greeks were philosophers and historians weren't they?

There's a board to discuss them and its name rhymes with miss.

Just like you missed the /lit/ rules.
>>
>people bumping threads to tell them to go to another board

yup the >>>/his/ thing is a newbie meme.
>>
>>7316752
kil yourself maimen
>>
It got me out of a significant rut and made me feel happy about what had happened in my life. The metaphysical stuff in regards to god is a bit fluffy but the practical philosophies in regards to how to view luck and where to derive happiness were much more useful to me than any other work of such a nature
>>
Mostly rain God mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>7317787
nice, thanks.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.