[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with Noam Chomsky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
Where do I start with Noam Chomsky?
>>
The trash bin.
>>
American Power and the New Mandarins
>>
>>7313138
On Language
>>
>>>/his/
>>
>>7313142
/thread
>>
The Sam Harris email exchange
>>
>>7313178

this. you'll see just how blinded he is.
>>
>>7313223
le here le we le go
>>
>>7313138
>>7313138
his linguistics and not his politics desu senpai
>>
>>7313138
t greeks
>>
Did he really used to look that handsome?
>>
>>7313568
No, CIA lies.
>>
Sound patterns of english
>>
Colorless green ideas sleep with fury
>>
Commence with the Cambodians
>>
File: Chumpsky.jpg (7 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
Chumpsky.jpg
7 KB, 223x226
Fuck that wigger. He's a nerd!
>>
start by deleting the thread and moving to /his/ because its the philosophy board
>>
>>7313863
fuck off
>>
>>7313158
>>>/his/

>>7313863
Damn straight.

>>7313883
You. Youll be first, shithook.
>>
everyone saying to go to /his/ is retarded

OP, please move this thread to /pol/, since Chomsky is a political writer. thank you.

>>>/pol/
>>
Start with this 2 and a half hour doc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBhuoUzNQ8c

If you're interested, read Manufacturing Consent or pick up a Chomsky Reader, which has a bunch of his writing. For what it's worth: I find his writing extremely boring to read even though I agree with him on nearly everything.
>>
>>7313138
Everything worthwhile he said was in the field of linguistics, so I suggest you start by getting a decent grasp on that and then work your way through his writing on syntactic structure, universal grammar, x-bar theory and generative grammar all the way to the minimalist program.

Just keep away from the political writing.
>>
I see this 'keep away from his politics' thing all the time and nobody gives any good reasons, is this another meme or will anyone actually back up why they say his politics is bad
>>
>>7313138
The Cambodian Genocide Denial
Writing the forward to a holocaust denial book in the name of "muh free speech"
Supporting various totalitarian insurgencies around the world to this day
Yeah the trashbin is a good place to start
>>
>>7314449
see here
>>7314501
>>
>>7314501
The Cambodia thing was about evidence I thought
Don't see anything wrong with the second
3rd, like what and how specifically?
>>
>>7314501
Things that didn't happen.txt
ass devastated unthinking neocon nothing to see here.jpg
>>
>>7314528
>number 3
well let's start with some of the most recent stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=8-jh2R-_eQY
>>
>>7314554
what does this prove?
>>
>>7314501
He never denied it, the same as he never supported Mao. This is just shit people who have never read him say, Lets look at the reality of what he says:

Cambodia's regime killed roughly 500,000 people due to their irresponsible agricultural policities.

And then the US carpet bombed Campodia to relieve it of its opressors, killing 800,000 Cambodians.

This isn't a denial of the genocide, they did still kill 500,000 of their own people through their economic choices.
>>
>>7314554
https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/newsandpolitics/what-happened-to-noam-chomsky-on-syria
>>
>>7314417
why? what's shitty about them?
>>
>>7314501
He didn't write the excerpt that was used as the foreword to that book specifically for or about that book, and you know it you colossal faggot
>>
Read Chomsky's political writings as well, OP. Don't listen to parroted undergraduate idiocy, it is pretty erudite and well-researched. A little shilly for anti-American sentiment, but as a discerning reader you can sift through the ideology I'm sure. After all you'll never find a political work that is free from bias of some sort
>>
>>>/his/
>>
File: Faceless Carey.png (43 KB, 645x635) Image search: [Google]
Faceless Carey.png
43 KB, 645x635
>>7313223
>>7313233
>>
>>7314007
ALL WRITING GOES HERE
THREADS NOT RELATED TO BOOKS GO TO /HIS/
>>
>>7315146
xD
>>
great thread everyone, glad you all felt the need to voice your pathetic wants of a perfect board like the malevolent sexually frustrated fuck heads you are

jesus FUCKING christ you people are the worst

anyway OP I'd recommend Masters of Mankind - I think that's what I started with
>>
>>7315160
we're merely noting the offtopic content posted here
we're trying to clean up the board.
>>
>>7315160
what you on about senpai, this is one of the cleanest threads going atm
>>
>>7315170
he asked for a book recommendation you white-knight kekold, grasp for your moral straws elsewhere. Your petty complaints serve no use and are more than often contradictory

>we're trying to clean up the board.

hoho, jog along nerd
>>
In the garden.
>>
Young non-formulaic Chomsky was literally sex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbTxLmbCoo4
>>
>>7315170
>>7315180
>>>/his/
>>
>>7313142

this.
>>
>>7315237
xD
>>
File: 1444186345691.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1444186345691.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>7315358
:DDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>7313178

Sam Harris rekt him, but Chomsky is 80+, he is just not up to it.
>>
>>7315364
here's your reply
>>
>>7313138
don't.
move to a better country instead
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.