[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good bookstores in melbourne? Preferably second hand with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: noah.jpg (110 KB, 630x299) Image search: [Google]
noah.jpg
110 KB, 630x299
Any good bookstores in melbourne?
Preferably second hand with philosophical and ideological topics
>>
just go to abebooks.com
>>
>Alice's Books
In Rathdowne Street. A really good philosophy section, last time I was there they had an old copy of Being and Time in the original German, The Ego and Its Own, and a bunch of other stuff. There's also a lot of old leather bound type stuff and a fairly big foreign language section. There's heaps of subsections and a big range basically
>Red Wheelbarrow
In Brunswick. Pretty small, but has a decent philosophy section - nothing too out of the ordinary, though
>Collected Works
In the Nicholas Building above Retro Star. It's got the most interesting range. Lots of philosophy, critical theory, weird stuff you've never heard of, etc. Also lots of good lit from Africa iirc
>City Basement Books
Near Flinders Street Station. Bad philosophy section, but a pretty big fiction section with lots of nice old penguin paperbacks and that kind of thing
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 640x453
>>7337660
>good lit from Africa
>>
>>7337664
level X
>>
>>7337640
if you feel like visiting the slums, go to barwon booksellers in geelong. great fucking shop, i'm always amazed by what i find there.
>>
>>7337673
>Geelong
>slums

I'm from Geelong and I say you're a fucking cunt. Enjoy your concrete jungle full of limp-wristed slack-jawed hipsters and violent immigrants.
>>
What about Perth?

Just moved here, there's a SF/fantasy only bookstore next to the city's train-station that has the weirdest passive-aggressive signs in the window, that's all I know (moved here only a few months ago)

I miss Lifeline Bookfest :(
>>
>>7337682
examples of the signs?
>>
>>7337689
something like

THIS ISN'T THE TOURIST INFORMATION GO AWAY

THIS ALSO ISN'T THE RENTAL OFFICE PLEASE MOVE ALONG
>>
>>7337679
>ressentiment
>>
>>7337679
same person here. not from melbourne, spend more time in geelong. fuck you too.
>>
>>7337640
Embiggen Books on Little Londsdale St. Not secondhand though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.