[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about a 100 pages into this and it's pretty crazy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Trilogy.jpg (47 KB, 336x500) Image search: [Google]
Trilogy.jpg
47 KB, 336x500
I'm about a 100 pages into this and it's pretty crazy. It doesn't seem like a story one can follow too closely. I've just been kind of going along with it. It's also one of the few books that's made me laugh out loud. What does /lit/ think?
>>
>>7235169
Very good, but I didn't end up finishing it because I would read it stoned and restart over and over again. I need to try again now that I don't smoke.
>>
>>7235172
This book is like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Infinite Jest combined.
>>
>>7235169
>!
fucking dropped
>>
Supremely entertaining and mentally stimulating. I've read it three times. First time was at 16, it blew my mind wide open.
>>
There is a story in there, I think.
If you like it to the end, try reading Prometheus Rising after a short break.
>>
File: rawpyramid1.jpg (15 KB, 282x400) Image search: [Google]
rawpyramid1.jpg
15 KB, 282x400
>>7236112
there is a story, but RAW had a hard-on for Joyce and wanted to play some games with the narrative.

i just wish he'd lived long enough to finish the Historical Illuminatus books. the last one strongly implies there was going to be a fourth.
>>
>>7236112
Honestly, I've read nearly all of RAW and Prometheus hold's up just about the worst of all his works. There are nuggets in there that can be useful, but in my personal experience Liber Null/Psychonaut by Carroll covered similar territory and was more effective.

Has anyone read Masks of the Illuminati by RAW? It seems pretty disliked, but I enjoyed it a lot for the fact that he was able to do a crisp, contained plot in contrast to his other fiction.
>>
File: idgaf.jpg (51 KB, 562x730) Image search: [Google]
idgaf.jpg
51 KB, 562x730
>>7235196
This guy needs trigger warnings for punctuation.
>>
>>7235196
This is a good reason to drop most books but this one is pretty good.
>>
>>7235193
Yeah that was my first thought when I started reading infinite jest. Very similar style to Illuminatus
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.