[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently read this and it's probably one of my favourite book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Catch-22-cover.jpg (694 KB, 1665x2453) Image search: [Google]
Catch-22-cover.jpg
694 KB, 1665x2453
I recently read this and it's probably one of my favourite book
>>
>>7233948
good taste anon
>>
>>7233989
I'm not even sure to ask if therer's more like this because it would be meaningless
>>
>>7234010
The Good Soldier Svejk by Hasek, it's the Catch 22 of World War 1
>>
>>7234010
Heller did very similar dark comedy stuff with different topics (God Knows on Biblical subjects, Good as Gold on academia) but none of them are as good.

Vonnegut and Pynchon aren't THAT similar but both have dark senses of humor and fans of Heller tend to be fans of those writers as well.

The best recommendation I could give you is A Confederacy of Dunces, which is maybe the only book ever written I find even funnier than Catch-22.
>>
So... this book is just gravity's rainbow on nothing?
>>
You're a pleb.
>>
I couldn't finish this. The humour feels childish and gets boring after the first hundred pages, characters have nothing interesting about them and the book doesn't really express anything.
>>
>>7234466
I would recommend trying it again. The gradual loss of the humor in simple ironies is an absolutely deliberate feature of the text - it stops being funny and starts being horrifying.
>>
>>7234466
Same but gravity's rainbow
>>
Hey, talking to you all. i already finished "1984" by George Orwell (wich i suggest to all of you if you didn't already read it, it's great) and now i'm about to begin a new one, but i don't know wich i should first. i'm struggling with this one (pic related), "11/22/63" and "The stand", this two by Stephen King. wich one you raccomnd to me?
>>
>>7234794
This better be b8 m8
>>
>>7234888
r8 8/8
>>
>>7234466

I know how you feel. It took me three attempts to get past a hundred pages, but I am infinitely glad I did.

Amazing book.
>>
>>7234280

I just started that. I am constantly being thrown from humour to disgust.
>>
Excellent book, one of the best comedies out there. Fantastic word play.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.