[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>writing essay for course >finish draft >reread it >disappointed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Duck.jpg (451 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Duck.jpg
451 KB, 1024x683
>writing essay for course
>finish draft
>reread it
>disappointed in myself
>no motivation to fix it
>turn it in as is
>get a good score
>repeat

why live in a world of dualism? why accept disappointment when praise is always given?
>>
>I have done my best

That is about all the philosophy one needs.
>>
>>7232918
As a senior graduating this semester, I can honestly say I've checked out. I half ass my papers and still receive low 90% on all of them. I took a mid-term exam last week expecting to receive a C and I received a 93%. I just don't even give a fuck anymore. I'm more concerned with starting grad school and reading and writing about the kind of shit I choose. I feel like I could write a first draft thesis in 1 semester if I cared enough. I'm sure a lot of you who are grad students or nearly graduated have similar experiences.
>>
Honest truth:

It's 5:00 a.m. and I'm about to call in sick from my job as a copywriter. I threw together a piece in about an hour and I know that my boss will not only accept it but praise me for doing it.

One of the truths that maybe a lot of you will have to learn is that no one gives a fuck WHAT you wrote (let alone wants to read it) so long as that you have written something kind-of-sort-of coherent with 1 or 2 agreeable points.
>>
>>7232918
My poetry is the only writing I care about these days.
>>
>>7232918
>made to read North and South for final year of English in school
>it is one of the most boring and inflated novels of all time, with four interesting chapters and two hundred pages describing the shithole that is Milton and what a pure virginal Victorian slut Margaret is
>literally just skip to the chapters where they're having dinner, never finish the book, use some for roach and just read Hamlet again and again instead
>get given tons of essays on it, pretend I'm a feminist and make up fake critical quotes, do this for every question given and my exam
>get an A** and a copy of my essay is given to the headmaster

Honestly, that book is as dry as a nun's cunt and the Cambridge Pre-U is a bullshitters paradise.
>>
>>7233474
>nun cunts
>dry

choose one and only one.
>>
>freshman year in college
>took a human sexuality course for an easy A
>had to write a paper
>wrote it at 3 AM the morning it's due, mostly bullshitted it
>got a perfect score, "best paper i've ever read"
>teacher tells me the paper was so good she didn't believe i wrote it myself, thought i plagiarized it

lol
>>
>>7234516
well, you truly plagirized it from your subconscious.

also, which subreddits do you frequent?
>>
>>7234516
>tfw teacher thought I plagiarized one of my essays
>didn't take any disciplinary action or provide any evidence
>instead gives me D- and tells me to write my own work in the margins

I didn't even dispute that shit. Not even worth it.
>>
>>7232918
Feel you m8. Almost all of my essays seem mediocre, but I rarely get anything lower than an A. Professor's always complement me on my writing, and I'm left to wonder why or how my work is good.

I just state information, validate information with a source, and then write a conclusion.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.