[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Truth by Neil Strauss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Just received my copy. Anyone else get this?
>>
>>7232904

Honestly I came in to talk shit about the hollowness of PUA culture and boys playing men but it looks like he's done it for me??

Good luck OP, finding the right girl and making yourself vulnerable enough to learn from her can be a really rewarding and life changing experience.

...Even if you break up and have to learn the really crucial lessons in hindsight.
>>
>>7233284
what kind of crazy world are you living in, man? paint me a picture, I can't imagine
>>
>>7233290

I think breaking down human interaction into a set of processes and rules is gross and kinda sad.

From what I know about Strauss his 1st book is about him realizing that women aren't just a mean to getting your dick wet. Just from the cover of this one I can already guess that it's about how relationships aren't meant to be "played" either.

Snooze. If his audience wants to be less aspie and dead behind the eyes, here's an idea: when you're a genuine person whose actions come from an honest place - warts and all - you might find someone that actually fits you. You, and not the "redpill alpha chad" that Strauss's readers so desperately pretend to be.
>>
>>7233324
Actually not really, I'm about halfway through the book. It's more about relationships between parents, friends, lovers, etc and what drives people to crave love/intimacy.

Dude has changed alot (I've read the first book and this 2nd book has just a different tone). In a way he's critiquing the entire Pua movement.
>>
>>7233945
To add:

The answer and the heart of The Truth is that there are unconscious forces that we're not aware of, that are guiding the way we live our lives by the lies we tell ourselves — like 'I don't fit in,' or 'Everyone's making fun of me.' Maybe The Game and The Truth should have been one book, 'cause this is the conclusion it should have had, about getting away from manipulation and returning to intimacy and honesty. To start off with honesty, you have to be honest with yourself and know who you are before you can really be honest with someone else."
>>
>>7233284
>True Love(tm) is better than playing pretend.

Fine line between someone learning playfulness and being told they are hollow. I can say that being sceptical of narratives that your own long list of experience clashes with does bring about a sense of nihilism about these extremely rare and special relationships you speak of.

The fact that most women can't handle men scrutinising women, forming stereotypes logically and publicly lends weight to the notion that the man should always resist the urge to open up to a woman who prefers the beautiful illusions that benefit her most.

In a relationship I don't think a man should even seek to learn from her unless she consistently outshines the guy's father figure (or himself) who has hitherto supplemented theory with the most accurate experience in his life - at which point I would wonder how she can be sexually attracted to such a man she has to direct so often. That is just how reputation and respect works, you don't get it by demanding it or requesting some of the criteria change for different sexes, you earn it on ALL the terms of the other person IF you want it enough.
>>
literally wew: the book
>>
>>7233967
> this is the conclusion it should have had, about getting away from manipulation and returning to intimacy and honesty
Wasn't this how The Game ended?
>>
>>7234048
Eh wouldn't say so. It ended more on a note of change. However he still was super insecure inside , i.e he never was good enough for his partner.
>>
I skimmed the guardian interview they recently had because of this book. It seems like he's just a reformed sex / sexual validation addict who has become polarised towards the other end.

This book is probably bluepill shit fam tbqh. His interview had him sayihg stuff like "it's scared little boys who just want validation boohoo male sexuality is evil". The real reality behind the reality is that people are selfish, men are disposable to society, sex is pedestalised by society including with rape ("rape 'survivors'") and for marketing. It gives women an advantage over men. Women can get it whenever they want, and can get relationships much easier.

Feel free to stretch that out to a book.
>>
>>7234092
I'll get back to you once I finish the book (read about halfway a lastnight).

I'll give my thoughts after.
>>
>>7234092
Kek
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.