[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone help me? I need to write an essay on how history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: fuck life.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fuck life.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Can someone help me? I need to write an essay on how history influenced a poem. The poem I'm writing about is Journey of the Magi by TS Eliot.

So far I'm thinking about writing about how World War I changed the world and how Eliot was all like "fuck this shit"

Can anyone help me write it a bit more eloquently?
>>
you should write how the history of eliot being a beta faggot retard who got cucked influenced it tbh
>>
>he thinks TS elliot wrote about WW1
>>
>>7231112
write about whitman writing leaves of grass, that'll suit your tastes I'm sure
>>
>>7231135
it has to be something from the book list/syllabus.

>>7231117
I don't care if he wrote about WW1 or not, I just need to twist things around enough to make it seem that way

>>7231116
That would only work if his history was a dominating factor in American history. Though I might since I'm probably gonna fail it anyway. Might as well have fun with it..
>>
>>7231174
nevermind, I'm writing about how it's a negative response to the invention of Ford's conveyor belt/assembly line and the automobile
>>
>>7231174
you just don't understand eliot, or poetry, or the context
you shouldn't be writing this and it's a real shame that you have to
If I were you I would just bullshit about something you read online, honestly. Just look up some sparknotes for pointers and write about what they say
>>
>>7231211
I dont think there's anything to understand about poetry, I feel like writing about it is just putting words into the author's mouth. There's no telling what influenced anybody to write anything, for all I know he was doing it as a meme for his time.

Like, for all I know he wrote the poem because he liked fucking with people who try to find meaning in things.

Its like that southpark episode when they write that butt poopoo store or whatever.
>>
File: 1406347915318.jpg (81 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1406347915318.jpg
81 KB, 768x768
>>7231260
>you
>>
>>7231283
?? I don't understand what you're implying, but ok.

I've written poems and studied poetry/novels/whatever and in the end don't see the point of any of it. They should be a ride, imo, like you hop on, read it, and hop off. Nothing more. I think studying literature is one of the biggest wastes of time.

It's like an aspiring music producer studying Beethoven. Musically, he's ok. But he's no Brian Wilson.
>>
please respond :(
>>
Now I'm writing about how the poem was written in response to the introduction of the federal income tax.

Good idea?
>>
File: 1383188082876.jpg (56 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
1383188082876.jpg
56 KB, 500x544
>>7231297
>>
>>7231431
k. Please refrain from posting if you're not going to help. It's not my fault that literature is pointless. Maybe if they didn't suck so bad at writing then it wouldn't be.

*Doesn't apply to Aldous Huxley, Hunter S Thompson, or Timothy Leary.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.