[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pearl quotes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Hey everyone,

recently my infant daughter was born and now I'm designing cards to send to me family. I'm in desperate need of a quote/wisdom/saying/etc. for the inlet of the crad.

Since I use a pearl as an eyecatcher on the other side of the inlet the quote should at least relate to pearls and everything I found in the interwebs just didnt seem to fit me.

do you have any suggestions fellaz?
help an anon out and thx in advance
>>
>>7230691
The Pearl by John Steinbeck.

I'm really doubting you did any Googling, to be honest.
>>
>>7230702
A novel is not a quote
>>
>>7230702
spent at least 3 hours m8
maybe because i searched for german ones and mostly nothing more but 4 lines.... thx m8 ill check it
>>
>>7230691
congrats on your daughter, i have one of my own. i'm not sure if you're looking for advice to pass on to your child or what, but here's a good quotation:

>sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few.
—pythagoras
>>
https://clyp.it/eta1fh2o
i am extremely bored
>>
>>7230725
thx m8 but i dont want the quote to be advicelike more kinda an expression for love/joy/hope etc
>>
File: pearl has no cleavage.png (95 KB, 271x657) Image search: [Google]
pearl has no cleavage.png
95 KB, 271x657
>>7230691

>Why do you have to look up to her
>Aside from in a literal sense?
>Don't you know that a power that big
>Comes with a bigger expense?
>And can't you see that she's out of control
>And overzealous?
>I'm telling you for your own good,
>And not because I'm-
>I can show you how to be strong...
>In the real way.
>And I know that we can be strong
>In the real way.
>And I want to inspire you
>I want to be your rock
>And when I talk
>It lights a fire in you

>Keep your stance wide,
>Keep your body lowered,
>As you're moving forward
>Balance is the key
>Right foot; left foot,
>Now go even faster
>And as you're moving backwards
>Keep your eyes on me.
>Yes, but put your whole body into it!
>Everything you have, everything you are
>You've got to give–
>On the battlefield
>When everything is chaos,
>And you have nothing but the way you feel, your strategy and a sword;
>You just think about the life you'll have together after the war!
>And then you do it for her,
>That's how you know you can win,
>You do it for her, that is to say
>You'll do it for him.
>Deep down you know
>You weren't built for fighting,
>But that doesn't mean
>You're not prepared to try.
>What they don't know
>Is your real advantage,
>When you live for someone
>You're prepared to die.
>>
"im a huge retard who will ruin this human and propel the further decay and collapse of humanity and the earth. please enjoy this piece of paper."
>>
>>7230739
must be reall bored
>>
You should kill your daughter tbh (to be honest), no offense fam (fam)
>>
>>7231452
R9k pls
>>
>>7231054
edge
>>
>>7231039
/co/ pls
>>
>When Anaxagoras was told of the death of his son, he only said, "I knew he was mortal."

>“And because they were in some way one thing and one purpose, she smiled with him.

And they began this day with hope.”
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.