[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ I recently finished The Man in the High Castle, which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: the-man-in-the-high-castle.jpg (81 KB, 435x673) Image search: [Google]
the-man-in-the-high-castle.jpg
81 KB, 435x673
Hey /lit/
I recently finished The Man in the High Castle, which I really enjoyed. What are some other decent titles in the same vein of alternate military/political history?
>>
File: manufacturing-consent.jpg (24 KB, 263x400) Image search: [Google]
manufacturing-consent.jpg
24 KB, 263x400
>>
>>7229325
Pynchon is sort of alt history in every book.

Maybe The Kindly Ones?
>>
File: 220px-HowFewRemain(1stEd).jpg (28 KB, 220x312) Image search: [Google]
220px-HowFewRemain(1stEd).jpg
28 KB, 220x312
>>7229325
Harry Turtledove's Southern Victory series.
>>
>>7229334
wat.. This is a good book, but not at all what OP requested.
>>
I really liked Fatherland when I read it as a teen
>>
The Years of Rice and Salt
>>
Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove.

While it's nowhere near the level of Dick's writing, it is enjoyable and feels authentic.

Guns of the South is a "what if" book about Neo-Nazis going back in time to give AK-47s to General Lee's army, and the subsequent victory over the north.

It's fun. The cover has Lee holding an AK-47. What more could you want?
>>
>any althistory where Germany and especially Japan occupy any part of the mainland United States
>good
>>
>>7230001
You must be fun at parties fam, also checked.
>>
>>7229325
SS GB is pretty good from what I hear, bought but haven't read it yet.
>>
>>7229325
For /pol/, this book is an utopy
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.