[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to have to pick a book to read, one that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Delicious.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
Delicious.gif
1 MB, 392x400
I'm going to have to pick a book to read, one that's over 200 pages long, and with an anti-hero as protagonist. Any suggestions?
>>
Thinking of Moby Dick. Cpt. Ahab is a protagonist, and an anti-hero, right? Within the context of the book?
>>
A Clockwork Orange, my copy clocks in at 182 pages

Jim Harrison's A Good Day to Die
>>
>>7229152
The kinds of books that pseudo intellectuals here read wouldnt fit you.
What genres are you into anyways?
>>
>>7229180
Generally everything except romance. I don't really read enough to even have a favourite genre, but I'm drawn to horror. I will look into A Good Day to Die.

>>7229174
Someone has already picked that and I'd rather not read the same.
>>
The Stranger or Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer / Capricorn would both work
>>
>>7229152
The Threepenny Novel by Bertolt Brecht. The antagonist is Mack the Knife.
>>
>>7229180
>the "/lit/ is stupid" meme
So what books have you read?
>>
>>7229152
Crime and Punishment
>>
>>7229414
I will probably get this book. Thank you anon.
>>
>>7229436
I have decided not to get Crime and Punishment, since it's several hundred pages longer than what I need to actually read. I'll go with A Clockwork Orange.

At first I was going to go with Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, but that book is barely even a hundred pages according to the college library.
>>
The Count of Monte Cristo
>>
>>7229152
The Tin Drum is amazing.
White Tiger is less amazing, but also fits the bill.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.