[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfy books thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Comfy-Club-Logo-001.jpg (91 KB, 1352x1139) Image search: [Google]
Comfy-Club-Logo-001.jpg
91 KB, 1352x1139
>Reading The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
>Those detailed descriptions of autumnal rustic countryside
There's gotta be more stuff like this; what are some more essential comfy autumn/halloween reads?
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 216x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 216x324
I would honestly recommend starting reading this in the summer and then reading it slowly as the seasons change.
>>
>>7226348
I love this book. Don't get the hate towards it in this board.
>>
>>7226072
To Autumn, John Keats
My Antonia, Willa Cather
>>
Well, there is an entire subgenre of mystery novels called 'Cozy Mysteries.' So maybe some of those?
>>
>>7226348
I absolutely loved this. The ending made me wanna sell everything and live outside.
>>
File: cover.jpg (52 KB, 319x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
52 KB, 319x500
>>7226072
>Those detailed descriptions of autumnal rustic countryside
Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy. Not just autumn, but the depiction of the countryside I still remember fondly many years later.
>>
>>7226398

I think it might be partly because Thoreau wasn't living quite the remote wilderness life he's commonly said to have at the time, and partly this board's knee-jerk contrarian nature and backlash against...everything.
>>
>>7226348
That chapter where you compared the fight between the black ants and red ants with the Trojans and the Greek was amazing. Written in an epic style, he really brought back old memories of my childhood when I would watch bugs in my backyard battle one another.
>>
>>7226072

Dickens
>>
the meme de jour is to call cormac 'gritty' but i find him incredibly comfy.
>>
Calvino four seasons in the city is like watching episodes of kipper
Cozy AF
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.