[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for books about terrible things happening to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 5646.gif (1012 KB, 853x350) Image search: [Google]
5646.gif
1012 KB, 853x350
I'm looking for books about terrible things happening to people. Specifically, after the terrible thing happens, the person or people are now stronger for it and the story ends on a positive note. Both nonfiction and fiction are welcome.

The best thing I could come up with for now was "Between a Rock and a Hard Place," but I need to find a lot of them for reasons. Can you guys please help me out?
>>
Crime and Punishment
Jane Eyre
The biblical story of Joseph
>>
>>7224080
Those are pretty good. I'll need at least 30 or so though. I was looking into some Chuck Palahniuk books as well. Those fall under "shit that you would never want to happen to you but are fun to read about anyway." Anything like those?
>>
Jurassic Park
Harry Potter
R.L. stine's goosebumps series
Stephen king's It
>>
what about that book about the people who were in that plane crash and had to eat each other? I haven't read it but maybe it has a happy ending. i mean, free dinner
>>
>>7224022
>about terrible things happening to people
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
>>
>>7224080
>biblical story of Joseph
Did you mean Job?
>>
not sure that's actually how things work
>>
Most Emile Zola's works.
Though you could say most of them usually end up in "negative notes".
>>
>>7224022

Man's Search for Meaning by Frankl.
>>
>>7224559
Joeseph suffers badly as well, and he has a happier ending.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.