[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw rereading Ulysses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
>tfw rereading Ulysses
>>
>>7223133
i gotta do that soon
>>
>>7223133
been thinking about it for months

weird how it was so dull and tough to get through the first time, but after a year or so it settles in and you remember it more fondly than you remember remembering it

same with Moby Dick. i actually hated it the first read. but the second read i blew through it in like 4 days in complete awe
>>
>>7223358
yeah honestly the one time I read Ulysses it was for a class and it was excruciating, but now 8 years later phrases from it pop into my head all the time and I feel like it's a permanent part of my brain. it really does work its way into you
>>
>>7223133
Only got Molly's chapter left to finish. Planning on doing it tomorrow. I liked reading it, even though it took me 2 months (been slopping on my reading)
>>
>>7223368

>on his wise shoulders through the checkerwork of leaves the sun flung spangles, dancing coins

that sentence has been begging me to reread the book. also in the shower it's fun to enunciate "stately, plump buck mulligan"

its like eating a meal
>>
File: 103871105586.jpg (424 KB, 1280x1497) Image search: [Google]
103871105586.jpg
424 KB, 1280x1497
>>7223406
I marked that in my book. The fire rises, brother.
>>
>>7223406
I find myself wanting to say "ineluctable modality of the visible" or "Mr. Bloom and his argle-bargle" probably about every other day
>>
Fuck guys, now I need to reread the fugue.
>>
I'm working my way up the Joyce summit with Dubliners to Portrait to Ulysses to Finnegan, but college work loads make it hard to get any reasonable amount read. The vocalization reading doesn't help either.
>>
>>7223133

Here's a great recording.

https://archive.org/details/Ulysses-Audiobook
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.