[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good xenofiction? I've read Watership Down and Raptor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 76620.jpg (48 KB, 303x475) Image search: [Google]
76620.jpg
48 KB, 303x475
Any good xenofiction? I've read Watership Down and Raptor Red, but most books told from the point of view of an animal tend to be young adult or even children's books. I have I Am a Cat in the mail if that counts, and I know several books have sections of an animal's POV, but are there any other quality xenofiction books?
>>
There's obviously Plague Dogs, which is also by Adams, but I've never actually made it through that one while I still have the ability to reread Watership Down multiple times. I feel there's something off about the prose.
>>
Watership Down is one of my favorite books.
>>
>>7223127
Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
>>
>>7223127
the peregrine
animal farm
heart of a dog
>>
The Jewish Dog was great. It's about a dog born to a Jewish family in Germany of the 1930's and his way when the war begins and so on. His point of view and thoughts on the world are very amusing and interesting to read. I haven't read the English translation though, the original Hebrew mixed with Yiddish prose was beautiful.
>>
I really liked Silverwing. I read it when I was a kid though so I guess it counts as children.

Pretty good TBH.
>>
>>7223127
Is Raptor Red actually worth reading? Dinosaurs are cool and i enjoyed Heresies but i always thought it looked pleb-tier...

Otherwise there is a book by a new zealand author in the vein of Watership but about Kea or Kaka birds which ha some sturdy reviews on the back cover at least... can't remember the name tho...
>>
The call of the wild is very good
>>
>>7224975
you forgot white fang
>>
>>7223127
jonathan livingston seagull
it's short and you can get it for free on the internet "for educational purposes"
http://csermelyblog.tehetsegpont.hu/sites/default/files/angol%20sir%C3%A1ly.pdf
>>
File: 81fFR1KxAFL.jpg (334 KB, 1400x2471) Image search: [Google]
81fFR1KxAFL.jpg
334 KB, 1400x2471
Hello, this is the hunt for red october calling...

I just have one obvious question to ask.

Why doesn't Watership Down have anything to do with submarines?
And
Can we switch names?
>>
>>7224945
It's for kids, but it's by Bob Bakker, so it's still pretty cool.
>>
>>7223127
watership down was fucking cool. watch the animated movie too bro. it's awesome.

try traveller by Richard adams. I enjoyed it.
>>
The animals of Farthing wood.
>>
>>7223127
Hello, maybe you could read "City" by Clifford D. Simak. It's a fiction about dogs... quite much anthropomorphized, but still pleasant I think !

Though, wouldn't it be hard to really find a fictional book really being in such or such animal point of view? I mean, these stories are made to please you with your cultural background, so there are chances they don't really present you animals in their ecological world? You know, living extraordinary things (from a human point of view)
>>
REDWALL
>>
>>7223127
Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures
>>
>>7223127
Call of the Wild
Also, in a similar vein, I read a book set in a wolf's perspective written in the late nineteenth century. It was popular fiction. The wolf's name started with K. It was mostly about his interactions in the wild, little or no human characters. The copy I read was a first (maybe only) edition in my grandfather's library, and someone in my family stole his old books to sell after he died. If anyone knows what the hell I'm talking about, I've searched every once and a while and can never find it.
>>
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
Is told from the perspective of a monkey test animal from a lab
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.