[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shōgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Infocom_Shogun_box_art.jpg (36 KB, 360x452) Image search: [Google]
Infocom_Shogun_box_art.jpg
36 KB, 360x452
Just picked up Shogun by James Clavell today, haven't read a book in the series before, and I wondered if I should go about it chronologically or by order of publication. What do you guys think?
>>
>>7222449
start with the greeks
>>
>>7222452
Wut
>>
>>7222449
Chronologically would be best (although, honestly, it doesn't make too large of a difference)

>>7222470
I think he agrees with me
>>
>>7222489
But isn't the first one chronologically Shōgun? And does it have Greeks?
>>
>>7222503
"start with the greeks" is a meme
Start with Shogun because it stands mostly alone
>>
>>7222503
>trying to get out of starting with the greeks

start with the greeks
>>
I read Shogun and loved it, and then tried the others. They're alright, but are products of the 70s/80s "Japan is going to take over the world!" scare. Shogun's more interesting because it lacks that, has a more interesting setting, and stands alone as a really solid work.
>>
>>7222452
>>7222554
>>7222548
>>7222489
Lit sure does fancy itself the smartest board, but boy is everyone here a bunch of meme-spewing fuckwits whenever the conversation deviates from pre-planned lording it up about philosophy.
>>
>>7222611
swtg
>>
>>7222611
All boards on 4chan that I've seen are about the same in terms of stupid meme spouting, other than /b/ and /r9k/ which are worse than the rest
>>
It's not really a series
>>
File: image.jpg (969 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
969 KB, 2448x2448
>>7223066
Growing up, this was my dads favorite book. Over the years that book got lost, damaged, etc. last year I bought him a new copy of that book for his birthday. You should have seen the look on his face.
>>
>>7223106
why does your dad look just like my dad who was also obsessed with this book?
dude had three copies of it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.