[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
writers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: IMG_9079.jpg (380 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9079.jpg
380 KB, 960x1280
anyone here written a book or had it published? giving you the opportunity to promo in the comments.
>>
bump?
>>
Is that? Ugh.
>>
>>7204878
you know this girl?
>>
>>7204899
Look closer at the picture.
>>
>>7204905
i don't get it...
>>
lmao
>>
>>7204842
If you're pushing your own book, post a sample of your writing. If it's good, I'll buy it.
>>
>>7204842
i know i shouldn't feel disgusted by her armpit hair, but i ain't attracted to monkeys.
>>
>>7204905
what am i supposed to see?
>>
>>7204944
wasnt intending to really but this was the only relevant pic on my computer
http://pioneerspress.com/catalog/zines/4851/

'I won tickets to see Against Me! play a concert while I was in Nashville and decided to go. While smoking a cigarette on the back porch of the venue, I saw a pickup truck parked nearby with a gas can in the back. I turned to the guy next to me and said, “I’ll give you twenty bucks if you can throw that lit cigarette into that gas can,” and he said, “That’s my truck.”'
>>
Who is this hairy faerie?
>>
>>7204842
Is this girl cute? I can't quite tell.
>>
>>7204972
>bucks
This is pretty bad.
>>
>>7204999
Disregard the quote: I don't know how it got there.
>>
thought that was that shitty theroux book and was almost gleeful by how much butthurt that would've caused.
>>
File: IMG_0183.jpg (556 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0183.jpg
556 KB, 1280x960
>>7204998
yeah i'm not sure either
>>
>>7204998
Based off the info available in OP's pic alone, yes.
>>
>>7204983
rachel bell
>>
>>7204960
4chan
>>
>>7204998
>>7205025
just speaking for myself here and with absolutely no opinion on her writing but definitely would
>>
>>7204842
>>7205025

Everyone in chicago looks like this, you anons are in luck
>>
>>7205055
prob have a better chance if you buy her book tbh she loves the royalty checks
>>
>>7204842
Is that you OP?
That book looks pretty bad.
>>
>>7205024
wait which shitty thoreau book?>???
>>
>>7205070
I unfortunately have been in a relationship for 5 years but I'll keep this in mind if it ends
>>
>>7205097
fuck the writer cmon give her the dong
>>
>>7204972
>smoking a cigarette
DROPPED
>>
Wtf I'm Facebook friends with this girl and she is close friends with one of my IRL friends

I was aware of her alt lit shit for a long time but it's still weird to see her on lit like this
>>
>>7205107
lmao no way have u guys talked???? give us the details
>>
>>7205107
I am facebook friends with her too. I wonder if we know each other.
>>
>>7205116
Possibly. She has a (relatively) big following but I only know her through one specific person. He's also in the alt lit scene thing in Chicago
>>
>>7205107
>>7205127
did you "fuck" her?
>>
File: rachel.jpg (56 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
rachel.jpg
56 KB, 720x960
She certainly doesn't carry herself like apublished writer, lol
>>
>>7205127
I'm extremely curious who you are. I'm pretty sure we would know each other and I think I know who you mean by the one specific person.
>>
>>7205131
She sucks real good dick.
>>
this girls writing sucks but i follow her social media hoping for a nip slip or a nervous breakdown
>>
>>7204842
that armpit though
>>
>>7205137
Jared Lackey. I'm the guy who stabbed someone with a bottle at the Chicago international film festival. I'm good friends with Margarita and Sam.
>>
>>7204842
Yes actually.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016605O6C

The first part that is, assuming you mean traditional publishing when you say "had it published".
>>
Hi
>>
I saw her tits once. They were ok
>>
>>7205185
I mean we probably know each other online. Name doesn't ring a bell though :/
>>
They're kinda weird and awkward, but they're tits so
>>
>>7205221
Niiiice
>>
Pretty spooky, I visited this girl's website recently. Can't remember the publisher's name but it's a real small place. I found her twitter through that and it turns out she's a total trash whore. she has one tweet about going to some house party and a guy trying to get with her and her showing her switchblade and saying "bruh" and getting him to back off. She's a fatter Mira Gonzalez with less industry contacts and worse tits (probably)
>>
>>7205137
Lol this isn't me:
>>7205185

Do you know NM?
>>
>>7205025
>old haggard face
>shitty tattoos
>landwhale stomach
>fucked up hairline

Looks like a preppy girl trying to be edgy. It's sad really. She's fucking up her life in pursuit of fame it's clear she will never achieve.
>>
>>7205245
NM who is gay and lives in chicago?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEcaGrRzH1w&feature=youtu.be

Back ... away ... slowly
>>
>>7204972
Really awful sentence structure.
>>
Nobody going to comment on the shitty title?

Also alt-lit is dead Rachel. If you're going for the Noah Cicero angle then you're still not gonna make it. This kind of writing only works if you're cute and 22. Anything older it's just embarrassing.
>>
>>7205248
Hey Clam down buddy
>>
>>7205248
Don't talk shit about Houellebecq like that. Oh wait.
>>
File: Photo on 10-7-15 at 4.12 PM.jpg (124 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 10-7-15 at 4.12 PM.jpg
124 KB, 1080x720
>>7205262
omg hi guys i didn't see you there!! there's good news. i am 22. so this kind of writing should work for me for awhile. i'm happy to be on your minds and hearts this wednesday afternoon.
>>
>>7204842
there appears to be a huge bat creeping across that girl's floor

>anyone here written a book or had it published?

yes. i'm a technical writer and normally everything i do is on commission but i have written a book of my own on an IT related topic. not telling you what though, i don't want a bunch of internet weirdos turning up on my doorstep. and no, i haven't made a shitload of money out of it, in fact in the time it took to write i could have made more money just doing my normal work.
>>
>>7205273
You're just a shitty Mira Gonzalez. Do you realize how shitty that is?
>>
>>7205273
That is a very cute picture actually.
>>
>>7205250
Haha yes. And those are quite apt descriptions

This is getting spooky...
>>
hey Rachel

I have had tiny little bits of writing published pseudonymously as part of an anthology of political writing but uh that's pretty much it so far.

I am probably going to put out a chapbook because I have a laser printer and time and money.
>>
>>7205273
Prove it with timestamp
>>
>>7205273
I like your book Rachel, we're Facebook friends. I'm 25 and It didn't alienate me in the slightest.
>>
>>7205295
I have to know who you are! Tell me in code or something.
>>
hey who in Chicago is going to the next poetry reading at Bru? I am going to be reading there and talking shit about everyone
>>
>>7205304
hi facebook friend! i'm interested to know who you are. feel free 2 message me
>>
Pretty sad that you're reduced to shilling your shitty book on 4chan. I mean at least Tao had something of a following before coming here. I saw Jordan Castro posting on /r9k/ a few years back trying to get people to buy his book, I guess he's dropped out of the race now. What are all these mediocre, failed "new sinceritists" going to do when their youth fades and all they're left with is a shitty chap book filled with post-ironic shitty stories. Mira G is winging it because she has connections and is cute. Sarah Alexander is shit and seems to accept that. Willis Plummer has dropped out. Marshall Mallicoat has dropped out afaik. Spencer Madsen is getting cucked hard by his bro. I mean are you even part of the "scene" Rachel, or do you just belong to Chicago's shitty alternative to alt-lit? The sad thing is you've likely adopted the necessary persona to make it seem like criticism doesn't affect you, when really you know, every time you read your book in a serious way, that what you've produced is shit and that your talents are below mediocre.
>>
>>7205283
and what the fuck have you written?
>>
>>7205309
>>7205295
You guys should both contact 'NM' explaining the situation, and ask him to share your contact info with each other.

You're welcome luvs~~
>>
>>7205323
Hey! it's rachel thanks for the feedback. i didn't even make this post, a neckbeard on my friendslist sent it to me. i'm really happy with the life i live. i get paid to write and i get paid to travel and share my writing. it feels good to make people feel good and be able to earn a living doing it. i'm sorry you don't like it. you seem to know a lot about it so that's cool. i'm sure we could have some good conversations.
>>
>>7205324
What a childish comeback. Are you going to ask literary critics this if (hypothetically speaking of course) they ever take the time to take a look at your shitty writing?

I would literally rather not write than publish something as terrible as Rachel's writing. It's literally "hey guys I'm finally proving my worth to you now, huh!" being said by a kid with shit all over his face to a group of people who still think he's an asshole.
>>
>>7204842
are you Butterfly ?
>>
>>7205336
>didn't even make this post

Sure thing. I don't really want to have a conversation with you though, but thanks. I've met enough deep&edgy tryhards for one lifetime, the novelty soon wears off.
>>
>>7205337
Rachel again, i didn't write that comment, i assume it was a white knight or a FB friend writing on my behalf. thanks!
>>
everyone on /lit/ is a fucking tryhard and should stop pretending otherwise
>>
>>7205271
you had me kekking for a minute there
>>
>>7205337

lol, as if you're some credible critic who actually took the time to construct valid and well reasoned criticism

get fucked
>>
>>7205350
>neckbeard
>white knight

It's cute that you think you understand internet culture, or grasp the relevant terminology at least. It's obvious however that you're just jumping on the "quirky & random but ultimately sincere ;)" bandwagon that every other obscure, regional wannabe "writer" has jumped on in recent years. If you actually cared about literature, rather than your persona and the perspective of other people towards you and your writing, then you'd actually focus on writing something good. I mean you must realize you're ugly, right? The same way most girls, including my gf (who hangs out with people in this scene in her college), knows Molly Soda et al. are ultimately pretty pitiful, unattractive human beings. I realize you'll deflect this with the usual "hehe they criticize me I'm gonna act totally nonplussed" pose, but you can't seriously think the people reading your shit actually enjoy it, can you? I mean you do realize how talentless and predictable you are?
>>
Thanks everyone for solidifying our position as the most pretentious, snobby board.
>>
>>7205262
I give people a pass on titles, as it's usually an editorial decision.

The dialogue, however, was clunky, forced and absurd.
>>
>>7204842
Rachel posting on 4chan looking for more trolls to troll. You've become much classier than you were 4 years ago. lol
>>
>>7205379
i'm so glad i'm not pretending to not care what you think. every guy who talks shit about me online has the same rhetoric. it's boring. if you're gonna write a fucking paragraph you might as well try to get paid to do it.
>>
>>7205323
You're way too close to this, fam.
>>
File: yucky.jpg (67 KB, 590x455) Image search: [Google]
yucky.jpg
67 KB, 590x455
/factsbearandfriends/

"people that aumm somethings and are also ooohhh" on facebook lol she's a regular there

Pretentious internet pricks
>>
great thread
>>
>>7205086
Welcome To Your New Life With You Being Happy is about love and sex, personal history and basketball. In these pages we see Chicago-based writer Rachel Bell navigate a world that is equal parts hilarious and awful, sweet and rowdy-as-fuck. Ranging from beat-your-brains-in-with-some-big-heavy-car-part-powerful to tender-as-the-tenderest-chunk-of-uh-like-something-really-tender, these poems and prose poems are damn well written and incredibly relatable. Don't slack. Get your copy today or cry sad rivers tomorrow.
>>
>>7205397
>still more creative than /lit/
>>
>>7205408

Speak for yourself m8
>>
>>7205408
Because slapping a caption on a picture is the epitome of creativity.
>>
>>7205406

No clue what's wrong with "Welcome to Your New Happy Life!"
>>
>>7205417
hey bro you keep responding to randoms commenting as if they are me (Rachel)
>>
>>7205323
>>7205379

lmao bruh ever look at how mad you're getting over literally nothing and think you need to re-examine your life?
>>
>>7205323
Do you really think Tao Lin didn't do his share of shilling before people actually started caring about him?

>>7205379
While I have no idea how good or bad her writing is -- since I don't care about her or her books at all -- actually caring about your writing will get you exactly nowhere. It's all about self promotion these days, which sucks but that's just how it is now.
>>
>>7205428
Hey bro I don't give a fuck. You don't seem to understand that you're not wanted here. Posing and whoring yourself out don't really work on an anonymous messageboard, sweetie pie.
>>
>>7205417

>Literally get the fuck out of /lit/, this isn't the place for people like you.

lmao Christ, read what you've written bud.
>>
>>7205417

yea, i'm not rachel you fuck tard

and you still have yet to provide any real point other than shouting down some author you want to feel superior to
>>
>>7205432
Am I mad? I didn't notice, sorry. I'm just chilling here with my fan on because it's humid af, eating some cereal and waiting for a friend to finish work. Maybe I'll examine my life later, thanks for the tip!
>>
>>7205446
what kind of cereal?
>>
I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.
>>
>>7205446

yeah you're definitely mad, look at how hard you're trying to insult her and how much you're writing about her. I have no idea if her stuff is good or not but if I had to guess why you're red in the face it's cause she's published and you aren't.
>>
>>7205451

I already know too much about you.

Also, "its" is a valid word sometimes.
>>
>>7205451
lolwut
>>
>>7205451
this is some great new pasta, thanks dude.

can't WAIT to post this elsewhere
>>
>>7205451
fun game: read this without laughing continuously
>>
Different anon here, just got a general question for you...have you considered, just maybe....different people...............like different things?

Also, just for a second, consider how mad you are. On an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>7205475
Cap'n Crunch?
>>
>>7205475
Quick question, have you actually ever.. met Rcahel? Or are you just speaking this harshly out of your ass.
>>
>>7205481
>>>/facebook/

Back to betabook, mr whiteknight
>>
>>7205489
capn crunch is the least mad cereal
>>
>>7205492
I did come to this thread from Rachel's facebook post, but I don't care much for her work if I'm being honest. I find amusement anywhere humans are getting mad at other humans for not liking things.
>>
TALENTLESS WHORE GETTING BTFO

[SPOILER]B[/SPOILER][SPOILER]T[/SPOILER][SPOILER]F[/SPOILER][SPOILER]O[/SPOILER]
>>
>>7205475

She's been published by a tiny publisher that is likely to take on any young ambitious narcissist with more than 1k twitter followers, and yet they didn't even take you. You must be real trash. No wonder you're so angry.
>>
>>7205493
You eat Cap'n Crunch when you're mad, you will end up in the Emergency Room.
>>
>>7205499
wow thanks - Rachel
>>
rafael iniguez you look and talk like a cuck bro
>>
>>7205510

I assume you're a Jew?

Have you visited /pol/ yet?
>>
>>7205510
Hey Rachel. I don't dislike your writing by any means, it's just not my cup of tea.
>>
>>7205513
fight me. Hammond, Indiana.

Meet me on at the Walmart by the Taco Bell and Carsons by Indianapolis.

Cuck me up !!
>>
>>7205533
We're in the presence of an internet celebrity, y'all.
>>
>>7205538
sounds like a no lol, I'll be over there right now.
>>
>>7205544
Oh I'm not the guy who made the cuck comment, I actually rather enjoy your shitposting on facebook
>>
>>7205554
And it shall continue. Thanks fam
>>
Cereal dude here. You know what Rachel, I take it back. Good luck to you in your writing career. Maybe I'm projecting shit at you that deserves to be projected at other people I've read in the alt-lit scene. I mean you're young as shit and probably will improve with time, I'd hate to be the fag who discouraged you from writing more.
>>
>>7205533
"the Walmart"

That's some metropolis you live in. How do I get there? Go to "the light" and turn left?
>>
>>7205560
Sugar rush did you proud.

And Rachel, if you're who you say you are, etc., you're fucking 22 years old.

You don't know shit about life yet.

So quit faking it.
>>
>>7205563
Are you from Chicagoland area?
>>
>>7205563
he specified an area and landmarks. how backwater would the place have to be to have two Walmarts right next to each other
>>
>>7205567
Nah, I'm in Los Angeles. Capital of the Third World.
>>
>>7205575
One of the funniest Lewis Black bits was him leaving a Starbucks and seeing a Starbucks across the street.

I love hillbilly directions.

"Go to the last stop sign, and turn right."

"Go past where the Minit Mart used to be, and hang a left."

"There's an old oak tree with some mistletoe right before the turnoff, you can't miss it."

And of course, "I'll meet you at the Walmart and learn you some manners, son."
>>
>>7205585
when ur comment is so boring it kills the thread
>>
>>7205044
brah, you're on 4chan. How could you have such a wild misunderstanding of what it looks like. Surely the suprising aspect is her bushy pit
>>
>>7204983
lmao
>>
>>7204842
>tattoo
>bushy pit
>lighter
>apple product
dropped
>>
The battle for the soul of /lit/ is taking place in this thread.

Kidding, I didn't read any of this boring shit that just seemed fun to say.
>>
I'm never on /lit/ so I can't gauge the quality of this thread relative to the quality of the board, but this is probably one of the worst threads I have ever been during my 8 years in this shithole
>>
>>7205669
We did manage to clarify one thing. /lit/ is not for writers; it's for critics.
>>
>>7205681
That's the internet in general though. Everyone with an opinion thinks they're a critic. Putting opinions out is a lot easier than producing any other kind of material so everyone does it everywhere all the time.
>>
>>7205714
I'm a musician. AKA a NEET that somehow receives social validation.
>>
>>7205771
Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion. Not denying that I'm pretty lazy, though.
>>
>>7205783
i'm pretty
>>
>>7205807
I AM

[SPOILER] HATED FOR LOVING [/SPOILER]
>>
>>7205815
i dont get it
>>
Thirty pages into my first novel. Keep up the good work bros.
>>
>>7205843
yay! thats good to hear. whats it about
>>
>>7205858
It's about being a bird in New York City
>>
>>7205681
Oh for sure. I've published journalism in respectable places and I have half a novel finished but I generally don't post about them here - to me that isn't what this place is for.
>>
You should get NYTyrant to publish this thread
>>
>>7205881

i mean, if they'll publish Blake Butler, they'll publish anything
>>
>>7205888
Even they don't take unsolicited manuscripts anymore so she'd have to have an agent pitch this shit to them.
>>
>>7204842
Just noticed Harry Armpits. That explains the 4chan on her imac.
>>
File: Photo on 10-7-15 at 6.30 PM #2.jpg (143 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 10-7-15 at 6.30 PM #2.jpg
143 KB, 1080x720
>>
>>7205915
thats not 4chan thats imessage and maybe facebook
>>
everyone in this thread, including me, is Johnathan Franzen, please be sure to by tickets to Purity: the Movie part I
>>
>>7205915
Prob hazza nice bush for tuggin tbh fam
>>
File: Photo on 10-7-15 at 6.30 PM #3.jpg (166 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 10-7-15 at 6.30 PM #3.jpg
166 KB, 1080x720
>>7205935
>>
>>7205942
This combined with the hairy pits probably mean she's as filthy as your average hobo. She probably doesn't even shower.
>>
>>7205942

>Why don't men take me seriously???
>>
>>7205964
She looks like she's having fun at least
>>
I'm a 19 year old loser form the third world (but white) who has a few literary ambitions.

How do I become friends with literary people on facebook?
>>
>>7205958
Do you shave your legs or armpits?
>>
>>
File: d7.jpg (13 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
d7.jpg
13 KB, 240x320
>>7205942
>>
>>7205973
add Rachel Bell and message her saying she's cool and you found her on /lit/ thats a good start
>>
>>7205974
I would if I was a girl. Though I do trim my armpits in the summer anyway.
>>
>>7205985
it's cold in chicago m'boy
>>
>>7205942
Ye need something to run yr fingers thru 9/10
>>
>>7206012
this made me wet lowkey
>>
>>7205984
I am too shy to add people I don't know.

What do I do?

I don't even know who she is, tbh.
>>
File: image.jpg (519 KB, 1134x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
519 KB, 1134x1920
>>7206019
Call me ;v.
>>
>>7206024
i literally just told you, find her on facebook, send her a message saying 'hey i like your writing' and she'll prob add you
>>
>>7206024

not adding anybody lol
>>
>>7206035
wait did you already try to add her
>>
>>7206049

i don't think anybody on lit is autistic enough to add her, isn't it just common sense that she wouldn't add any creepy shits after her picture was posted on here?
>>
File: 1111111.jpg (142 KB, 1073x691) Image search: [Google]
1111111.jpg
142 KB, 1073x691
hey fuck I think I met this chick before too
>>
>>7206074
idk man a lot of the alt-lit types are very "success at any cost," I think a lot of them are totally fine with their fans just wanting to jerk off to them as long as it means they can support themselves with their writing. (And honestly all the power in the world to them if that's what they care about.)
>>
I would like to challenge anyone on /lit/ who lives in Chicago to physically fight me at an upcoming poetry reading / open mic event
>>
>>7206084
Has it ever actually worked for anyone other than Towel Inn though?
>>
>>7206074
Rachel here, have already confirmed at least one person adding me from this thread, lol
>>
>>7206083
oh hey I'm in this screenshot, nice
>>
>>7206096
wouldnt say it worked for tao considering he was outed as a rapist and his book sales are suffering
>>
>>7206095
hey i will physically fight you, theres a reading on friday, love rachel
>>
>>7206118
damn I got an invite to that reading but I've got plans with somebody! I might see if they wanna go to that tho

I want to see L.P. read and I've never actually seen/heard your poetry, so
>>
>>7206095
I recently moved to the suburbs near Chicago, would totally buy a train ride for the chance to fight someone from /lit/
>>
File: plsgibattention.png (7 KB, 501x61) Image search: [Google]
plsgibattention.png
7 KB, 501x61
Is that a sentence?
>>
>>7206125
who is this? message me on facebookplease! love rachel
>>
>>7206099
would you let a 19 year old boy from the third world add you to talk about how to become a poet?
>>
>>7206129
def a sentence but not necessarily grammatically correct
>>
>>7206099

Jesus somebody said 'i am from 4chan' and added you?
>>
>>7206131
yes lol
>>
>>7206146
they added me and we had no mutuals and i messaged them and said 'so you found me on 4chan' and they said yes
>>
>>7206099
I think you're my cousin, or my half sister. We have the same last name and look exactly the same.
>>
This thread is pathetic
>>
>>7206127
how do you feel about women, armpit hair (on women), and rape?

ideally I want to fight someone like >>7205982 because it is my dream to make a hobby out of beating up losers from the internet
>>
>>7206154
thats creepy add me on facebook. maybe we're related. (rachel)
>>
>>7206129
The rhetoric gross shitty women online use is just as consistent as evidenced by this thread.
>>
>>7206149
I am too shy, though, so I won't do it.

I'm thinking of sending a letter to my country's greatest poet - a Nobel nominee - to ask him for advice. Should I?

I have a very hard time finding the precise words to describe images, sounds, feelings, and ideas. I sometimes manage to come up with a nice verse, and I can write some more or less decent meter, but I'm never able to achieve that sparkling brightness that marks a great poem. It is very difficult, and the great poets make it look so easy. I can't read Milton without feeling ashamed of myself.
>>
>>7206161
I like my women all natural.
No comment on rape. Too many FBIs.
>>
>>7206108
Eh I don't even like him but I still don't buy those "accusations". It seemed like histrionic tranny bullshit that was half made up and half grossly exaggerated.
>>
>>7206162
K
>>
Rachel I added you on FB months ago and you never accepted it. Now I'm just stock 'following' you. What gives?
>>
>>7206161
Where is the book reading Friday? Address?
>>
>>7206204
If it happened months ago I'm sorry but I don't remember the specifics of why I might have not accepted. Although it may sound a tad superficial, I tend not to friend guys I find ugly.
>>
>>7206204
message me, maybe I'll accept. I don't accept everyone I have like 800 friend requests left in purgatory bc I'm not sure about them
>>
>>7206209
lol this comment was not me (rachel)
>>
>>7206212
>>7206209
Who do I believe??
>>
>>7206206
2111 W Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, IL 60608
4:30 pm
>>
>>7206218
ok this is getting derailed, that was NOT me guys
>>
>>7206226
Alright, If I'm not busy I'll pop in and buy a book. Hopefully a bunch of other people in this thread will too, and we can have an autism party.
>>
>>7206242
that isn't the address, just check my website
>>
>>7206234
wtf guys, this is not me - rachel
>>
>>7206253
Yeah, noticed that after I posted.
>>
>>7206206
9625 S 76th Ave, Bridgeview, IL 60455
3:00 pm

It's going to be in room number 4
>>
>>7206254
id ask you to stop but, ah well
>>
>>7206254
>>7206234
>>7206218

Staaahp
>>
>>7206260
very funny
>>
>>7206260

jesus lol this is out of hand (rachel)

750 S Clinton St, Chicago, IL 60607
>>
>>7206265
>>7206263
I am the one who should be asking. I mean, wft!

- Rachel
>>
>>7206279
u can verify on my site:

3436 N Lincoln Ave 5pm
>>
>>7206129
honsetly this is a poor reaction to a single shitty guy in this thread who was on an austistic rampage against her.

anyway, Rachel, if you look around this board at various threads you will quickly realize we are not your target demographic, don't take it personally.
>>
>>7206336
thanks, so noble
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 460x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 460x676
Is there any here from Washington who wants to fight me?
>>
>>7206387
do you have a nice ass?
>>
>>7206336
hey! this is Rachel. I didn't make the post and I know what 4chan is so I know well enough to know that I shouldn't try to market my book here. thank you for advice. I appreciate you.
>>
>>7205132

Bukowski tier
>>
>>7205132
where did this pic come from? twitter?
>>
>>7206434
it's from her facebook
>>
File: 1443898036634.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1443898036634.png
377 KB, 498x497
>tfw being a convicted rapist IRL and posting in a tumblrina author's thread as she gets upset about men triggering her by being mildly rowdy
>tfw vividly recollecting my perfectly sober experience of brutally raping two barely legal girls while reading this thread
>tfw i served my time and there's nothing illegal about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABOqRfe9Dw
>>
>>7206454
>le token edgy guy
>>
>>7206407
not me, and im not trying to market my book here!
>>
File: deef.jpg (33 KB, 534x388) Image search: [Google]
deef.jpg
33 KB, 534x388
Rachel what are your thoughts on David Foster Wallace
>>
>>7204842
jizz
>>
>>7206467
cumming all over your face, David
>>
>>7206403
Yeah i think so.. What's your butt like?
>>
>>7206496
fat and hairy like your moms vag
>>
File: dfw I hit the blunt.jpg (25 KB, 298x233) Image search: [Google]
dfw I hit the blunt.jpg
25 KB, 298x233
>>7206491
>>
>>7206512
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqmIAbHXr0Y
>>
so appropriate that this thread would end w DFW lol
>>
>>7205271
I like your timestamp anon.
>>
>>7206751
ooh nice
>>
>>7205622
He probably dictates his posts to his younger brother.
>>
>>7206106

fuck off stevie
>>
>>7204972

Wow super interesting anecdote. Worth a chuckle. :^) If the book is filled with clever yarns like this, I will certainly pay real money for it. :^))))))

>Welcome To Your New Life With You Being Happy is about love and sex, personal history and basketball. In these pages we see Chicago-based writer Rachel Bell navigate a world that is equal parts hilarious and awful, sweet and rowdy-as-fuck. Ranging from beat-your-brains-in-with-some-big-heavy-car-part-powerful to tender-as-the-tenderest-chunk-of-uh-like-something-really-tender, these poems and prose poems are damn well written and incredibly relatable. Don't slack. Get your copy today or cry sad rivers tomorrow.

What the fuck makes you think /lit/ would want to read this?
>>
Oh cool, even the /lit/ admins suck. I bet there's an admin behind each bookshelf thread. Garbage.
>>
>>7205248
>preppy girl
my man there is a trailer in the background
>>
Rachel what do you think of white male writers
>>
>>7207081
Does Chicago have trailer parks?
>>
File: 1440605036436.jpg (29 KB, 599x591) Image search: [Google]
1440605036436.jpg
29 KB, 599x591
>>7206952
>Ranging from beat-your-brains-in-with-some-big-heavy-car-part-powerful to tender-as-the-tenderest-chunk-of-uh-like-something-really-tender

the fuck am i reading
>>
>>7206161
I'm not sure if you're being ironic but i don't think it's healthy to be this upset by someone on 4chan expressing their opinion with a stale meme.
i like women, i like to spend time with women more than i do men. I don't mind trimmed armpit hair (my girlfriend's is usually about 1 cm), but it doesn't need to be shaved, although i suppose i prefer it that way, and i think rape has gotten too general as a term to be addressed without elaboration.
If you're using it in the normie sense then i think it's probably in the list of worst things you can do to someone.
sincerely,
>>7205982
>>
>>7205273

she's a 5/10 on her very best day, 8 years ago
>>
>>7205990
ayyy i too live in chicago
weekends anyway
>>
>>7207187
i doubt she wrote that descriprion, based on what i've read of her work
>>
File: Untitled(1).png (564 KB, 601x551) Image search: [Google]
Untitled(1).png
564 KB, 601x551
>>7204956
>TFW the average woman has more body hair than I do
>>
File: vidyachan.jpg (51 KB, 450x333) Image search: [Google]
vidyachan.jpg
51 KB, 450x333
>>7206536

Good god what a fuckin fraud, lol.

>mfw people thought spergers were geniuses before we discovered what aspergers was
>>
File: Rachel Bell.png (195 KB, 520x528) Image search: [Google]
Rachel Bell.png
195 KB, 520x528
>>7205159
6.5/10 camwhore
>>
>>7205364
underrated post
>>
> “Rachel’s poetry is simultaneously tender and hard as hell. It is joyfully shameless. She demands to be taken seriously while also not giving a fuck what you think.” -May Waver

>“I enjoyed this book. It was funny, poignant and compelling. The openness with which Rachel describes sometimes painful experiences in her life made me feel less alienated from the world in general. A book like this seems rare to me.” - - Mira Gonzalez, author of I Will Never Be Beautiful Enough To Make Us Beautiful Together

A poignant excerpt from the newest chapbook of Rachel Bell, alt-lit sensation: "“One Christmas I volunteered to help a low-income family celebrate Christmas by buying gifts for their children. ... The three kids made wish-lists and I shopped carefully. I drove through the snow to play Santa. I stopped for gas. While I peed in the gas station, someone broke into my car and stole the wrapped gifts. That is what it feels like to be raped.”
>>
Rachel Bell, alt-lit sensation, offers an enigmatic proposition in her tweets:
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.