[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books that make Leaders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Leadership-abstract-007.jpg (30 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Leadership-abstract-007.jpg
30 KB, 460x276
Books that make leaders.

I have read Plato's Republic Books 1 & 2 Got 8 more left

Mein Kampf though it became a narrative of his life.

Communist Manifesto.

though are there any books you recommend to actually build a leader

inb4 your born a leader
>>
>>7870608
Leadership is a spook, a corporate buzzword intended to wring money from people who dream of Americanized success because that's what they're instructed to do.

A book or program that claims to instill 'leadership' is a scam, promising power as a means of leeching it from the gullible
>>
>>7870624
>Leadership is a spook, a corporate buzzword intended to wring money from people who dream of Americanized success because that's what they're instructed to do.
this, fuck, this kind of mentality has totally destroyed my country
>>
>>7870624
>>7870633
Oh shit my bad i totally forgot to add ...

i dont want books on how to lead companies and manipulate people...

Im looking for books that teach us codes of honor and basic this things such a defining justice [The Republic]

ways to build a nation

no im also sick of greedy assholes who only look after money...

my cousin thought everything was money [objective [ayn rand] type of guy]. he has lost all social status in the whole family and might lose it for everything else... simply because he was the greedy selfish type...

inb4 your a commie/nazi
>>
> reading books to learn how to become a leader
> not a leader

You're just going to become that obnoxious, low-awareness guy whom everyone hates.
>>
>>7870664
>not a leader

when did i say that?
>>
All of these anons are right. Leadership has become an actual, real-life meme. Everyone attempting to teach it does so only through interchangeable meaningless buzzwords. It's legitimately a cancer and a scam. Anyone with a shred of actual intelligence would never be able to sit through a modern "leadership seminar" without breaking into laughter.

>>7870657
Now you're describing philosophy, but you sound confused and aimless. You are not yet the kind of person who will be "building nations." Read up on philosophy (if you started with and really understood The Republic that's a good start). I don't really understand what your actual aim is. Building a nation?
>>
>>7870699
I'm not that anon, but it was very heavily implied. You're underage, aren't you?
>>
>>7870703
>but you sound confused and aimless
you are right ...

im looking for something under a code of honor.

i believe i cam e up with something years ago as i spoke with my friend [very smart man]

the idea was a world of intellects. were money isnt the incentive; however, the honor one gets after making a discovery for humanity; hence, the advancement of man kind.

He immediately refered me to minor idea of marxism or so called communism.

i then began to read a bit on greek philosophy and noticed that they had the traits to make a leader...

simple things like the allegory of the cave, the division of bronze, silver, and gold citizens, defining justice, leaders being in position in fear, for money or for honor... those i believe are what make leaders...

so maybe in short what i want are books on philosophy like you said that are life changing and show you the world from a new perspective...
>>
Leadership does exist, you can see it when you work in an industry which makes things under uncertain conditions. Go work construction for a few months and you will see leadership. Books make leaders competent, but to be a leader work on confidence. Being a leader is 99% being the most confident person in the room.
>>
>>7870716
20, never liked reading
just got accepted into Mech eng. at Mech Eng.

though just as i started reading i learnt that i missed out a lot in life...

however, i was born in a neo-platonic religion so i was taught a lot that i noticed many people dont have...

also my father was a man of reason so i look up to him.
>>
>>7870727
confidence isnt 99%

its what destroyed america.

the fact that any kid can yell out his mind isnt anything special ... TRUMP.

but its when the man uses reason, logic, ideas that are well based that you can then add confidence.
>>
>>7870608
The Prince by Machiavelli. It's not a guide by any means, but the pitfalls described are notable. Applicable not just in politics.
>>
>>7870727
See >>7870739
A confident man who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about is going to destroy whatever he's trying to lead. No amount of metaphors and buzzwords from "leadership courses" will change that.
>>
>>7870767
thats what i was trying to say.
>>
>>7870758
thx anon
>>
>>7870777
If you're >>7870739 I was agreeing with you.
>>
>>7870785
same here... sorry if it came out as if i was trying to attack you.
>>
>>7870699
Oh shit, I just got leader'd.
My bad.
Big dick platonic mech E coming through.
>>
>>7870796
wtf is going on ?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.